E-Mini SP 500

jacson101

171 2
sign of trouble...some paper trapped short just below friday's pivot.
gotta support the folks in trouble:cheesy:

jacson101

171 2
Tuesday greetings,
More and More Machines trading notice it?

bennie83

234 1
I am kind of confused and wondered if someone could help. I'm looking to trade futures contracts, such as e-mini S&P on CME. What is the best way of doing this?

a) I simply find a broker who supply me a data feed, trading platform, simple charting and charge me commission every time a trade.

b) I find a charting package, such as Sierra Chart and link this to a data feed (I don't know which one - any ideas?) and this gives me direct access to the exchange?. Do I still need a broker or does this by-pass them?

Forgive me if this is silly question, but I am new to this.

jacson101

171 2
I am kind of confused and wondered if someone could help. I'm looking to trade futures contracts, such as e-mini S&P on CME. What is the best way of doing this?

a) I simply find a broker who supply me a data feed, trading platform, simple charting and charge me commission every time a trade.

b) I find a charting package, such as Sierra Chart and link this to a data feed (I don't know which one - any ideas?) and this gives me direct access to the exchange?. Do I still need a broker or does this by-pass them?

Forgive me if this is silly question, but I am new to this.
A) yes,this is where you start
B) fine tuning what you specifically like.

All the best,
J

bennie83

234 1
A) yes,this is where you start
B) fine tuning what you specifically like.

All the best,
J
Cheers J, think I know where I'm going now. In that case I'll probably go for either Velocity Futures, Tradestation, Interative Brokers or MB Futures in order to trade e-mini S&P.

Anyone got an all round favourite?

jacson101

171 2
Cheers J, think I know where I'm going now. In that case I'll probably go for either Velocity Futures, Tradestation, Interative Brokers or MB Futures in order to trade e-mini S&P.

Anyone got an all round favourite?
All are good brokers. I'm sure all would love the business, as well.
Again, It's what you would like, full service, deep discount nowadays outfits have it all and bouncing around all over the place is just a waste of time.

Cheers,

jacson101

171 2
this might go parabolic...

copper

22 0
Possibly something to do with new NFA rules. Heard a lot of accounts of various kind being closed in US and re-opened in UK/europoean subsideries.

You heard anything about this?

jacson101

171 2
Possibly something to do with new NFA rules. Heard a lot of accounts of various kind being closed in US and re-opened in UK/europoean subsideries.

You heard anything about this?
Hey C,
yeah actually I did hear of accounts getting re-arranged because of the regulators
:cheesy:

But,I was of the institutional train-of-thought...why both TARP members and non TARP members are moving into various european products in anticipation of a US led stock sell-off.
Maybe just the free flow of capital, at work, as it were.
Maybe the FED is the worlds biggest hedge fund.
Maybe buying Covered bonds in Europe, in anticipation of a Equity sell-off is a good idea.

Last edited: