Do you trade in the "zone"?

Newport said:
Hi

I can believe it would help not to be distracted by nagging doubts about whether your system is going to give you winning trades and help you apply it

anyone got any thoughts on this?

cheers
Mark

humans= creatures with emotion
emotional trading= uncontrolably entering/exiting with conscious thought/actions being driven by sub conscious demands and ego's that need to be satisfied. (hence thoughts like, I new I was doing the wrong thing but still did or didnt do it).

"everybody gets what they want in life" right? your ego will try its dammed hardest that it will be first in the que to be fed and satisfy its deeper brother within.

to have faith is "To be believe in something for which there is no evidence"

If you have tested a system with results that on paper have proven potentially viable of past results etc. and you hold the belief that market action tends to repeat itself, then you have evidence, so perhaps you do not need to apply faith to your system.

If you need to apply "faith" in yourself then stop. The point is to recognise and know and get to the point "That you will act in your best interest at all times" (Douglas) people being human do not always do that. Back to emotions, ego's beliefs. Douglas is attempting for you to have a look at what has shaped your thinking and beliefs in order for you to see that and to give you control of yourself to deliver on the objectives and sometimes that may mean acting against your previously held beliefs.

now nagging thoughts about future winners ??

do you mean hmmmm what if they dont happen ? how would that make you feel and why?
ditch it ? need one with a higher win rate to validate your sense of self worth as a person . we need to be right all the time to make money ?

As Douglas says and wants you to KNOW "My trading losses does not diminish me as a person" ?(memory quote) Naturally with the usual upbringing to be wrong 60 times outta 100 is crap and society will let you know quite quickly, from birth in fact ,hence we avoid being wrong and seek to be right. You will receive plenty of pats on the back and nods of approval,in short REWARDED for being RIGHT. Some people do wrong for attention etc.... another area of discussion.

In the markets not letting go of I'm wrong quickly enough will make you more wrong. people may hold a losing(market wrong) position to turn the market wrong into a society right, or re enter to get back the 2 market wrongs into a Bigger society right.

Market Society differs from our Structured Society wherein its ok, or right to be wrong. Acknowledging that as quickly as possible will help. What set of beliefs do you need? for the market? Society or Market beliefs? New beliefs to be learned ? how long does that take? eeeeekkkk you can go deeper and deeper but i sense im rambling and its getting late.

anyway so wheres the problem? Its YOU. Thats your edge and your potential downfall.

you will ?follow the system right, trading loses are to be expected and must so be accepted so?

you wont truly know until your doing it, going through it, then you may start to question just how it is you behave the way you do or dont.

Takes time be easy on yourself, find out for yourself thats the only way with subjective opinion, enjoy life..

cocoa time now
then theres "attachment" hmmmm......

jd

For me, it's not so much a matter of feeling or intuition as one of 'focus.'

I couldn't agree more.

Provided you have equipped yourself with a workable and winning system / method of trading, then it all simply boils down to being focussed.

I find that if I am totally focussed I win nearly all of the time but if I let some of life's petty distractions get to me ( like a nagging wife or the next door neighbour's howling excuse for a dog ), then I begin to have problems.

I personally find all that Mark Douglas gobbledygook a load of nonsense and too many people are deluded into believing in what he says - if you can ever understand what he is talking about that is.

Salty Gibbon said:
I personally find all that Mark Douglas gobbledygook a load of nonsense and too many people are deluded into believing in what he says - if you can ever understand what he is talking about that is.

Salty it has been said that if a person is struggling to understand points being put to them ,then a potential fault? lies in that of the teacher, who is trying to put across new concepts and ideas to "students" at a level they can comprehend. Douglas offers his ideas and by its nature a book is not available to answer any queries that a wide reader audience naturally may encounter.

Forums like this are a potential remedy (if its discussion without fearing difference of opinion) for the above but again most? people do not like to look at their own beliefs and your own belief system will be filtering out information it doesn't want to hear potentially. Maybe frustrated that this info isn't clicking, or what I'd expected etc....

Just gobbledygook right? I have to say and being polite with it ,if you cannot understand what he is talking about , then its perhaps at best, unwise? to state "too many people are deluded into believing in what he says" What do you think Douglas is saying?

Better for us then if we perhaps say or ask for help with understanding in order for us to not remain ignorant which will then enable us to make informed decisions on any new ideas, concepts or information in any area of our lives.

If you want to take this further then the forum needs to know

What aspects or concepts of his work do you label as Nonsense and why?
Ditto "Gobbledygook"

Maybe someone on these boards can help you attain enlightenment . Although Douglas himself is available for $500 per session.

jd
step into the light or stay in the dark. either way we all choose.

Douglas might like to consider taking lessons in writing because he sure as hell can't write at the moment.

jsd

A thought has suddenly occurred to me.

You are not Mark Douglas are you because you seem to write in the same sort of style.

ie. unintelligible and tedious

Maybe you should take some writing lessons too.

I would be happy to teach you.

PM me for an appointment.

Salty Gibbon said:
jsd

A thought has suddenly occurred to me.

You are not Mark Douglas are you because you seem to write in the same sort of style.

ie. unintelligible and tedious

Maybe you should take some writing lessons too.

I would be happy to teach you.

PM me for an appointment.

God Bless You Salty, dont forget to let that dog of yours have his time trading time on screen..

jd