Do you think that technology is advancing too fast?

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,232
There is no real need to accept technology if you don't want to. Someone close to me hates computers, mobiles and doesn't even wear a watch. In fact lives in the 1950s still !!
Drives everyone else crazy but she is not bothered 1 bit.
It's all a matter of perception.
I have my 5 year old computer, a Casio that I picked up in the street that keeps perfect time, one store card but no credit cards, a paranoic distrust of money exchanging online (still use a chequebook and the RM , takes ages, I know, but I post early), no mobile phone and, at present, no debt.

However, I do concede that online trading is better than telephone`and my kids tell me that I soon learn to use new gadgets when it suits me, so there are flaws in my argument.

Last edited:

NVP

Legendary member
36,739 1,872
im sure most people will not agree with me, but i'm not a big fan of the latest technology.
i think that everyone is getting much too obsessed with electronics, having the latest "touch screen" cell phone, and the coolest ipods which just keep getting worse.
in my opinion, the cell phones from around 2005 are better than the ones now. they're always breaking,dying too quickly,or freezing up.
but anyways...i just wish our society would slow down a bit with the technology. i know it does contain a lot of good things,but people cant let it take over their lives.
does anyone else even slightly agree?
buddism teaches that technology (or anything) can neither advance to fast or to slow........it is perfect

(jees how much did I drink last night ? :whistling)
N

Pat494

Legendary member
13,759 1,383
If you are in the UK just watch click and other gadget programmes to be right up to date. For instance this morning they featured the new Sony5 playstation just out. Exo-skeletons that will let the oldies zoom past sleepy youngsters.

As for that talking, gorgeous model ? Sure to be out soon. Hopefully it will have an off switch that many women need.

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,232
If you are in the UK just watch click and other gadget programmes to be right up to date. For instance this morning they featured the new Sony5 playstation just out. Exo-skeletons that will let the oldies zoom past sleepy youngsters.

As for that talking, gorgeous model ? Sure to be out soon. Hopefully it will have an off switch that many women need.
Do you know what? I'd rather read a good book, and not on a Kindle, either.

Although I see that downloading some are getting cheap.

Maybe, I might need plastic, after all---although I could use Paypal.

I might have to get more modern, after all. :confused: