Dell 2400 Dimension Memory Upgrade

lotsofloot

Hi Folks

I have a dell 2400 dimension with 2.40 Ghz cpu. It currently runs with 768 MBytes of memory which I wish to upgrade.

I got in touch with crucial.co.uk and ran their memory selector program which informed me that I can increase my memory to a maximum of 2 GBytes ( that is 1 GByte per memory slot).

Just to be on the safe side I checked the Dell manual and it states that the maximum memory the system can use is 1Gbyte (512 MBytes per memory slot).

Before I upgrade can anybody let me know if they have successfully upgraded this particular Dell model to 2 GBytes.

Many Thanks

LotsOfLoot

I would go with Dells recommendation. Their PCs are awful at accepting anything more than they say.

lotsofloot said:
Hi Folks

I have a dell 2400 dimension with 2.40 Ghz cpu. It currently runs with 768 MBytes of memory which I wish to upgrade.

I got in touch with crucial.co.uk and ran their memory selector program which informed me that I can increase my memory to a maximum of 2 GBytes ( that is 1 GByte per memory slot).

Just to be on the safe side I checked the Dell manual and it states that the maximum memory the system can use is 1Gbyte (512 MBytes per memory slot).

Before I upgrade can anybody let me know if they have successfully upgraded this particular Dell model to 2 GBytes.

Many Thanks

LotsOfLoot

LotsOfLoot,

I have a D2400 running 2gb RAM. It's a P4 2.8ghz model and it's quite happy with my Windows 2003 server & exchange 2003.

Hope this helps