decalre your positions - FTSE 12th Nov

wallstreet1928

Legendary member
I am currently neutral on both US and FTSE - my charts are not giving me any signs on short term basis as FTSE seems to be building a support around 4300 ?

I have no idea how it will play out tomorrow, but still have a negative bias?

I will short on any bounce?

I may just trade equities/oil or gold tomorrow instead?

any other theories welcome?

Yesterday my longs had a tough time, was long through the sell of , and added to these near the lows on the afternoon.
Currently Long with an average postion at footsie 3276 to break even.
Stops 3290 as I believe this will get to rievent highs sooner than later.
( these quotes are baised footsie cash as most SB these prices )

3290 stops hit . then flat.

4267 Long £200 a point footsie

4800 Long £200 a point Dax

Stops 20 pts below

I wouldn't advise anyone to be in the FTSE today - we are most definitely in a sideways range.

Personally I favour the index heading downwards - we are in no-mans land at the moment, I don't see any reason for the index to turn around at this point, buyers are getting nervous, and for me it's not gone low enough to tempt me in for some longer-term longs.

However I'm adopting a wait and see on this one.

I have just woken up and had breakfast as I deserved a lie in due to being on holiday today.

I missed out on the bounce from 4220, I would have bought at that level but it doesn't matter?

I have noticed Mr Mervyn king has been talking about doom and gloom today.....no surpise there then? I'm just glad interest is coming down as my tracker mortgage kicks in February after fixed rate period.........yippeee!!

yes I'm still neutral...

I have just woken up and had breakfast as I deserved a lie in due to being on holiday today.

I missed out on the bounce from 4220, I would have bought at that level but it doesn't matter?

I have noticed Mr Mervyn king has been talking about doom and gloom today.....no surpise there then? I'm just glad interest is coming down as my tracker mortgage kicks in February after fixed rate period.........yippeee!!

yes I'm still neutral...

Wallstreet1928,

can you explain why you would have bought @ 4220 pls??

I wouldn't advise anyone to be in the FTSE today - we are most definitely in a sideways range.

Personally I favour the index heading downwards - we are in no-mans land at the moment, I don't see any reason for the index to turn around at this point, buyers are getting nervous, and for me it's not gone low enough to tempt me in for some longer-term longs.

However I'm adopting a wait and see on this one.

Just Closed for 80 pts on longs. Wait and see wil get you lazzy Hoggums

All done for today Fowkes

Tom can you explain what made go long and at what levels.

on my chart i had a buy signal around 4230 and then the MA's crossed(buy signal) around 4280-4290, is this what you had????

Hi Minime,
The USA closed positive last night we should of open much higher.
Well we open with selling preasure.
This took out the long stops.
Once this was done caboom up up and away went up nearly 100 pts in an hour.
Worth the trade and had buy orders every 7 pionts on the way up.
Thats me done for the day .

To be honest the longs I held overnight only made a small profit, should of closed them at 7am but like a fool I didnt

Just Closed for 80 pts on longs. Wait and see wil get you lazzy Hoggums

All done for today Fowkes

The only thing have to say to that is that the market is littered with corpses of people who were right too soon.

I'd rather be out than wrong.

interesting, i like the way you avg'd on the way up.

i guess its all about knowing where you think the market should and sticking to your guns.

its more about having confidence and belief in yourself.

4248 ( footsie cash Longs again )

This is true Hoggs M8.

Been there many times, however one has to take a little risk some of the time eh ?

Must be mad , Long on Dax 4707 ( cash Price )

This is decision time We could tank if below 4215 that is where the stops are .......

All eyes on usa Markets

no suprise hey, Market got smashed............I should have just stayed short but doesn't matter!!

I have been short on Gold and oil all day..........not traded indices as I have been very lazy and the charts and news on there looked better??

FTSE 4200 should hold in the short term but not for long............this is a bear market people, I hope you all understand and trade accordingly!!

1 late night messes up my sytem and i dont think straight so i prefer not to trade??