Deal4Free just took £800 out of my account and won't answer the phone?!!

They said yesterday that the problems were behind them. It's happening all over again today!

Traded quite happily this morning but this afternoon I knew I was flat but MM was showing I was short on the DOW with a few hundred missing from my account. They said to ignore the Client Position keeping.

I might try that with my bank..."I know the statement said I haven't got any money, but I didn't believe it so I bought a new..."

What can be done. I have complained but not one of them seems to care. I think they must get their people from 'The Really Useless Staffing Agency'.

Unfortunately I don't think there is much of an alternative at the moment ...

Twice this week it has happened shortly after the US markets opened and are at their most volatile.

I'm a day trader and it's really frustrating but the money is always returned and so I close my position immediately and then obtain an email from them to confirm, after I've called them.

I think they have a genuine problem to say the least and I think a hacker has maybe planted a 'time bomb' or they have a virus.

Hopefully I have another 5000 trading days left of my life and so take the day off to study or maybe paper trade.

But I'd like to know if there is another alternative that's as cheap and tax free. As the saying goes, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" and get a backup account with another broker. :cool:

as has been mentioned here before a new SB is opening on www.capitalspreads.com they appear to have quite tight prices and from comments already made here are making a good impression on people who have contacted them.

But they are not live yet so the proof of the pudding will be when...... etc

might be worth a look as its always usefull to have a back up account.

Baz79 said:
Hey everyone

I can't believe what happened earlier on. My account with Deal4free has dropped from 800-odd quid down to £6.81, and I didn't even have a bet open!!!

What is going on here?! Anyone else had this problem?

I phone Deal4free and they said it was a 'software problem' (after having tried about four times and having them hang up on me). Naturally I was worried that they had gone bust and were shifting the money over to Tel Aviv or something...Apparently not...But I still haven't got the money back in my account yet.

They've admitted that the amount I specified should be in there, but the action hasn't been completed yet. Dodgy or what? I didn't go furious with them, but that is highly irregular. I'm surprised nobody else has posted about this today...

Hi

Have deal4free resolved the problem or do they still owe the £800.

Paul

I think D4F are good guys

A couple of years ago they put 8K in my account and left it there 6 months before taking it back

And I played with it ....;-)

Jeff

Blimey! Where have you been all this time? Building too many bricks, no doubt!

Hi Martin

I've been lurking and learning quietly in the background finished building now and moving to a thached cottage in a local village. And back to trading....yippee.

Enjoy all your posts and T2W is great mate

Jeff

Deal4free

Hi Baz79

I am having problems with them at the moment. All day yesterday my trading platform was reading differnet figs to theirs. then last night a £50 short bet was opened, not by me. I do not known how this happened as I had no margin. Trying to sort at the moment but I am uanble to open any new positions, got no margin . I am begining to lose faith in them however I do not know if their are any real alternative for Spread betting.

Orky