Copy Trading

rich286

Hello everyone
I would like to hear from anyone who might have knowledge or experience being a Strategy Provider or as a Copier. It is an aspect of this industry that I have ignored until recently, when a Friend explained a little about the Copy Traders on IC Markets.

I realise I could trawl around from different Brokers etc to try and understand what they do on this subject but would much prefer to hear from People with Hands on experience or knowledge etc.

I am aware of Companies like eToro that seem to be advertising everywhere. My fx Book also, and understand Darwinex have a Copy Trading facility.

I suppose I am trying to wheedle out the good from the bad and appreciate the different ways Brokers offer Copying regarding any Fees etc.

I've done a couple of Google searches but not convinced I'm getting half of the full picture at all.

Thank you for reading

The only way to learn is by trading on your own and experimenting success and failure in your everyday operative

Hello everyone
I would like to hear from anyone who might have knowledge or experience being a Strategy Provider or as a Copier. It is an aspect of this industry that I have ignored until recently, when a Friend explained a little about the Copy Traders on IC Markets.

I realise I could trawl around from different Brokers etc to try and understand what they do on this subject but would much prefer to hear from People with Hands on experience or knowledge etc.

I am aware of Companies like eToro that seem to be advertising everywhere. My fx Book also, and understand Darwinex have a Copy Trading facility.

I suppose I am trying to wheedle out the good from the bad and appreciate the different ways Brokers offer Copying regarding any Fees etc.

I've done a couple of Google searches but not convinced I'm getting half of the full picture at all.

Thank you for reading
I started getting interested in trading by eToro's copy trading ads you see everywhere. Further on 1 year, I have learned to trade which was a steep learning curve at the start.

To get to your question, I would recommend eToro for copy trading as they are the largest player in the field and have the most modern and build-out platform with the most amount of traders to copy.

Now it's free to copy a popular investor on eToro but you pay the same spread fees % the trader you copy pay when they open and close a trade, stock and ETF's investments with a long term focus are the most popular strategies by these traders, but you have mixed portfolios to copy with crypto and currency, etc.

You can see the past performance and everything these traders do in real-time.

Currently, I am copying two investors on eToro for the long term.

I have YouTube tutorials on copy trading on my website at eToro copy trading review.

If anyone has further questions, please ask.

Last edited:
I had a go at it and personally wouldn't again. I like the accountability of being responsible for the trades placed and how they effect my account balance.

Hello everyone

Thank you for reading

#1 benefit of copy trading - you use someone else's system
#1 Problem with copy trading - you use someone else' system

the other main issues are horrendous transaction costs and lag .....

N

Benefit of copytrading: brokers make more volume
Problem with copytrading: broker is trying to impress you with past results of a lucky monkey (survivorship bias)

I have been with IC Markets for about a year first on Demo then live
Hello everyone

Thank you for reading
I have been with IC Markets for about a year first on Demo then live, i am using there C-Trader platform.No problems so far. Technical help line during uk hours ,you usually get diverted through to the Cyprus office there very help full.

I use copy trading that is free. Results looks not bad. What do you think?
Screenshot_20230313_105720_.jpg

Hello everyone

Thank you for reading
I do not advise copy trading, but if you want to use it do thorough research before selecting traders to copy. Look for transparency, track records, risk management practices, and consider diversifying across multiple traders.

I have small copy trade account as a strategy provider via c trader been running for nearly 8 months now ,it certainly puts a different perspective in regards to discipline.

I have small copy trade account as a strategy provider via c trader been running for nearly 8 months now ,it certainly puts a different perspective in regards to discipline.
I value your opinion, but I think successful past performance does not guarantee future results. It can be used as a learning tool.

Should beginner or newbie traders do copy trading? Is it safe, and can it be profitable?
Starting with signal services can be an excellent first step in your trading journey, just like it was for me.

It can teach you essential elements like how to place stop-loss and take-profit orders, understand risk-reward ratios, and get acquainted with different assets.

While it's a good way to dip your toes into trading, remember that signals are a tool and not a substitute for your own analysis and risk management. Over time, as you gain experience, you'll likely want to develop your own trading strategies.

All in all, beginning with signals (copy trades) can be a valuable learning experience, setting you up for more sophisticated trading down the road.

Hello everyone

Thank you for reading
Remember what works for another one might be a total failure for you. I would suggest you do not copy trade unless your balance and the balance of who you are copying are exactly the same.

I want to advice you that you need to avoid putting all your funds into a single trader. Diversify your copy trading portfolio by selecting multiple traders with different trading styles and strategies. This can help spread risk and reduce exposure to a single trader's performance.

Trading is based on averages, if you copy 10 traders and 5 of them lose but 5 of the others win and the average is positive you are making money, just as if 8 lose but 2 win you can even stay positive.

It is a determining factor from my point of view, having a good risk management is everything.