Can this be real??

JohnDesey

I have been in Sim mode now for over 3 months. Trading only ES Mini. I am a pure scalper... with the VIX this low I scalp for 3 points (12 ticks) and have an iron clad stop limit at 2 points (8 ticks)

I have been averaging 6 points per day... it seem s too good to be true and I have not used live money to trade since August of 2015. Back then I got up to trading 10 contracts, my threshold when live is 1 contract per $2500 of account value.

I guess it just gets crazy when I start to calculate the potential earnings with this kind of success in Sim.

any thoughts?

I have been in Sim mode now for over 3 months. Trading only ES Mini. I am a pure scalper... with the VIX this low I scalp for 3 points (12 ticks) and have an iron clad stop limit at 2 points (8 ticks)

I have been averaging 6 points per day... it seem s too good to be true and I have not used live money to trade since August of 2015. Back then I got up to trading 10 contracts, my threshold when live is 1 contract per $2500 of account value.

I guess it just gets crazy when I start to calculate the potential earnings with this kind of success in Sim.

any thoughts?

So does this mean a 2% move in the S&P would more or less wipe out your account completely?

I hope you turn your sim success into live trading success, but please be careful of what the market can do.

No. A 2% move on Sp is about 48 points. My stop is 2 points.
Look at yesterday. We had a 30 point move from high to low after a cup of early in the session.
I made five successful trades totaling 13 points after one loser of two points.
So no way to percent move we do nothing but create great opportunity. It would not wipe me out.
With real money I will be risking no more than $100 per trade at my stop

any thoughts?

Yes, open a real account and see if your psychology changes.
Also, sim fills are not the same as real world fills.

No. A 2% move on Sp is about 48 points. My stop is 2 points.
Look at yesterday. We had a 30 point move from high to low after a cup of early in the session.
I made five successful trades totaling 13 points after one loser of two points.
So no way to percent move we do nothing but create great opportunity. It would not wipe me out.
With real money I will be risking no more than $100 per trade at my stop

But 1 contract is $50 per point, isn't it? Which means a 2% move (or 48 points) comes out at $2400. That's pretty much your entire account, since you said you have 1 contract per $2500. A 1% move would wipe half your account.

To me that seems a bit aggressive, and if you're as successful live as you are sim, there's really no need to take such risks. Stops are fine, but there's no guarantee it won't gap sharply against you. I know it's the S&P and such gaps intraday aren't that likely, but they could happen. If something serious happens and the market gaps 1, 2, 3 or 4%, think about where you'll be.

Yes, open a real account and see if your psychology changes.
Also, sim fills are not the same as real world fills.

When real money is on the line , the fears of real loss , stress and emotions of greed , frustration etc will play automatic mind games in your trade execution.

Seeking. My stop is two points on the ES. That is $100 per $2500 of actual account. I would1 percent. I never have a stop at 48 points that would wipe me or anyone else out.a 2 point move on SP is approx 1 tenth of 1%. I also do not hold overnight so any gap at opening is a non-issue. I hope this clarifies things

In this market your 2 point stop will be getting hit constantly. Stop has to adjust to the volatility even if your scalping

I have tried Sim trading many times in the past with spectacular results and then come to trading with live money and everything changes. I really can't figure it out sometimes.