Buying a Football Club

Hi guys,

I was just wondering whether anyone had any knowledge about buying a footi club and whether it could be profitable. I know everyone says you can't make money from it, buy David Moores made £88m from the Scousers and even Sir John Hall managed to make £95m

I was also wondering whether anyone had any knowledge of Argentinian footi clubs and how much they would cost since I am fascinated with Argentinian football.

Do any of you know or estimate how much the legendary club BOCA JUNIORS would cost?

Also, how would they react if you bought the club and installed yourself as manager, I heard this is fairly accepted in the lower Argentinian/Spanish leagues, though I doubt Boca would accept it.

Regards

Joovenile

buying a football club ? sik brer

have to remember for every Moores and Hall theirs probably a Sugar and Ashley

this might be useful in realtion to Boca and owning a footi club in general and might be worth the few dollars,Club Atletico Boca Juniors but dont know if you will be able to get them to sell, with their owner being from one of richest families in Argentina, even if money is no object ;);):LOL:(y)

I think there is more chance of a government turning a profit on a nationalised rail network .

Exactly..

Hip Hop

Well Boca should cost over 20 million for sure. You have that kind of cash?

Also, how would they react if you bought the club and installed yourself as manager
Well if you did that at any high profile english club, then they would give you a few weeks to prove some success. Assume you failed, you would then probably receive death threats, your car woul dhave its tyres slashed, etc. I don't think it is a good idea all in all :)

i dont know I think it might work out, the best approach might be to try to install yourself as player/manager and then agree to settle for manager.:cool:

well small football clubs in uk could cost up to £500,000 while big ones will be into the millions.

you can make money from small clubs if you can find good talent polish it and sell it on to bigger clubs.