Boost for Forex

Zenda

[A MASSIVE BOOST FOR FX] as the latest BIS tri-annual global FX survey shows vo...
[A MASSIVE BOOST FOR FX] as the latest BIS tri-annual global FX survey shows volume soar to a record Usd 1.9 tn daily volume. Within this the derivatives component rockets to Usd 1.2 tn, roughly the total size of the FX mkts at the time of the last FX survey in 2001, a rise of over 100%. The share of emerging mkts, as expected, have risen, although still relatively minor. Eur-Usd continues to dominate with a 28% of volume followed by Usd-Jpy with 17%. Cable making a robust comeback to number 3 with a 14% share from just over half this in the survey ahead of EMU in 1998. LDN continues to dominate with a 31% share, the "norm" since the surveys first started. Note that the survey was conducted on trading in Apr. Overall, the expansion of the mkt far exceeds expectations ahead of the release.

ever trade on globex zenda? i'm sure thier smaller currencies are getting more liquid!!( not just euro)

If Cable was as liquid as Euro on Globex, i would be there in a shot!

well nothing is as liquid as euro on globex , but cable doesn't seem so bad these days , just these last 3 months seems to have made it a little more liquid , but i could be mistaken!!