Best trading platforms for options trading ?

Aston01

I am aware that there are a lot of things that are subjective, but when it comes to trading options I was wondering which platforms are at the top of the list?

I recently signed up for eSignal Premier Plus w/ their Intraday Options History Add on. I really like the Intraday Options History add on and the look of the software package, but the more I work with it the more it just doesn't seem like anyone was thinking when they designed the options trading aspect of the software. It is hard to keep track of various positions you are in on a single option chain just by looking at the options chain and their new window linking design only allows you to link windows on a single level (nice & frustrating)

What it boils down to is it seems to be designed for stock or forex trading, but is rather clumsy dealing with an option which is derived from a stock and has a correlation to the underly stock yet is also its own entity.

Sorry if this comes off as a bit confusing to read, but for almost $300 a month in some ways it makes things harder then the simple minded TradeMonster platform I had been using. Without a doubt the charting is better yet other things (where it matters the most) make you want to pull your hair out.

Any suggestions for a good alternative would be much appreciated.

Have you looked at OptionVue?

If you are a retail options trader it has everything you need. It's user-friendly and they have a great support staff.

Here is a link for a free trial:

Try OptionVue 14 day Trial

You can also check out Options Oracle which is 100% free http://www.samoasky.com/

Last edited:
How much commission thinkorswim charge for the Options trading? I did try Tradestation and they charged me £10.00 per contract which is too high. So I want to leave them and looking for the a new broker . I guess per contract fee should not be more than £0.65 per contract