Best platform for a mac

zildog

Im trading from a MBP and it appears my choice for trading platforms is limited at best.

Can anyone shoot up a list of the best ones that in particular, offer tight spreads?

Tanks'a'lot.

Z

The best platform for a mac is a coffin.

Or you gould get come pc emulation software. With the value of the yen currently that won't cost you much.

Hmm...that doesnt sound promising at all.

Anyone else?

Oanda looks like crap, forex.com looks much better but ive had problems with latency and spreads...

Are you spreadbetting?

If so most will work, except CMC markets and metatrader based platforms. I use IG index.

Im trading from a MBP and it appears my choice for trading platforms is limited at best.

Can anyone shoot up a list of the best ones that in particular, offer tight spreads?

Tanks'a'lot.

Z

For spreadbetting/CFD, IG Index/Markets. For serious trading, Interactive Brokers.

I use Paralells to run XP, and use Tradestation from there. Fast, easy and rock solid backups. Run 2 screens and you have OS X on 1 and tradestation on the other.

I'm using FXCM java platform for MAC. So far it's been ok. Also, i think OANDA's java platform is not bad. But again I'm trading quite conservatively and don't do news trading or anything that requires 1000 clicks per second :)