Best Charting Software

The Beast

Hi Forum users.
I am a trader who currently uses Sharescope for my Charting software. I am finding big gaps in it's use. Firstly it has no Dollar index futures, Secondly it has no ES mini (SnP) Futures and Thirdly it has no Copper futures.

I am after a charting package which offers all these for around 100 pounds. Also has anyone got any idea of a good European Futures to trade? The FTSE Futures stopping at 8am and only starting again at 9 makes it a bit useless in my opinion

Hi Leopard,

Thanks for the reply. This yahoo finance right? they don't give you the option to open up multiple charts and analyze stocks with Fibs, RSI Stochastic MACD and EMA's on mutiple time frames or am I missing something?

Hi Leopard,

Thanks for the reply. This yahoo finance right? they don't give you the option to open up multiple charts and analyze stocks with Fibs, RSI Stochastic MACD and EMA's on mutiple time frames or am I missing something?

No, FESX is the most liquid European futures contract, does about 1,000,000 a day.

Eurex - EURO STOXX 50® Index Futures

You could try the FDAX as well (Dax futures).

Hi Ron. Yea I have tried esignal but it is crazy expensive. They want around 250 pounds for what I'm after

Yea fair point Ron ;)

I use Updata, after having tried esignal, sharescope, metastock, wave 59, amibroker, CQG and ninjatrader. It has everything, absolutely love it cant ever think i'd need to go back to anything. Their gui used to be really cranky but for the last few years its got better and better and their Point and figure charts are the best imo
I think they may do trials, and id say give it a try..otherwise I like Market Analyst for Gann, but they are too expensive for sure
Hope this helps, I guess it all depends what you're after

Hi Malaguti,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have just signed up to download the software on a 14 day trial.

It looks really good from the website and it seems like it would have what I need.

Thanks again!

Hi Malaguti,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have just signed up to download the software on a 14 day trial.

It looks really good from the website and it seems like it would have what I need.

Thanks again!

Good to know..let me know how you get on. Oh and if you haven't tried Point and Figure I would certainly give it a go!