Best books on trading...

charl777

Hello there!

I am wondering what everyone is considering the best books on trading? Can anyone let me know of their opinions? I have a huge collection of trading books which I need to sort according to their relevance to the practice of trading. If anyone wants to take a look hit me up at [email protected] or ICQ: 212966036

Looking forward to hear from you,

Charl

Tharp - "trade your way to financial freedom" - great material on market psychology and system development
All the Jack Schwager books
Mark Fisher - "logical trader" - very interesting intraday trading system
Alexander Elder's books
I also hear that Kathy Lien's new currency trading book is good, but haven't read it myself

A Good Book For Trading

charl777 said:
Hello there!

I am wondering what everyone is considering the best books on trading? Can anyone let me know of their opinions? I have a huge collection of trading books which I need to sort according to their relevance to the practice of trading. If anyone wants to take a look hit me up at [email protected] or ICQ: 212966036

Looking forward to hear from you,

Charl

Hi,

A very good book - written by a famous trader, not by so called traders - is MASTERING THE TRADE by JOHN F. CARTER. You can buy online from AMAZON. Carter's web page is www.tradethemarkets.com
It is a good idea to subscribe also to his FREE VIDEO NEWSLETTER.
All the best.
Gavroche

I think the best book on trading that there could ever be is the one that you write yourself based upon your daily market experiences. It would describe in detail your successes and failures, your emotions etc. etc.

The book would analyse each individual trading failure in depth so that lessons could, and hopefully would, be learned.

If done properly it could become a best-seller but it would at least be of undoubted benefit and great value to its author.

Forget the other books except possibly Mr Murphy's tome.

They just tell you how it all works - the problem with that is it doesn't always "work" as they say it does.

I don't think books can increase your success rate but that's just my opinion based on my experience. That being said if there are any books that tell of stories about traders I would be interested to hear the war tales.

A mix of classics with technical analysis
(the classics, Jesse Livermore's "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" and Charles Mackay's 1852 "Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds" are the proof that, in the markets, history does repeat itself)

Last edited by a moderator: