Beginners, what are you including in your journal?

purple_turtle

Very much a beginner here (<mnth) and eventually I hope to progress to a point where the numbers/percentages are the most important. But at the moment, my trading journal looks nothing like those listed on the site.

At the moment I am more interested in the reason why I am entering a trade (current/medium/long trends, candle stick formation, levels of support/resistance, RSI and other indicators, and on what chart I am reading this) - on the money size, the trade is ether successful or it is not.

I guess this could be common when testing trade set ups, and the journal kicks in after testing is completed - is there a Trade Set Up Testing Journal :)

That said, in this phase, what else do you include?

i made a vid on it here

the way to think about trading records is that it needs to not be a chore to complete. and has to be meaningful.

Headings like, What lessons did i learn from this trade. What could i have done better, really helps me.

I have a couple of trader mates who use edgewonk and say it is very helpful.

I wish I had written a trading journal back when I was a newbie, that would've made my life so much easier.

Thanks John did watch that. That is more the type of information that I feel I need to capture at this point (not that I understand half of what you had on it). I think I prefer the spread sheet format, but really like including the graph. Have never tried OneNote before - will take a look, must make a plan for saving graphs.