Basics of playing poker

Reminds me of a time where I had to rescue a load of geeks from a brothel in paris because they didn't realise just what the place was and just how much the drinks were......

I'll be ok. I won't be taking any more than £20 anyway so that'll be that.

As for my mate, the likelihood of him being in debt is zero. He does ok for himself and hates being in debt. This is all recreational. He's an irish lad and likes a punt but he's pretty canny.

well have a good time then

I'm rather hoping to take his money off him.

Good point. Keep saying "Aye, Paddy" everytime he makes a bet or when you think he is bluffing and then maybe, just maybe, he will go on tilt and you'll take all his money.

Good point. Keep saying "Aye, Paddy" everytime he makes a bet or when you think he is bluffing and then maybe, just maybe, he will go on tilt and you'll take all his money.

He informed me last night that there are usually a few friendly arguments in each session :whistling

So anyway I went last night. No harm done. Was £20 and only £20. Was up on them all with about 15 mins left of the night. One guy went all-in, other guy won with a flush vs pair 9's!!! Everybody else decided the only way they could retrieve the situation was by going all in but they just shoved all their money in and didn't count it. This caused a massive argument about the ethics of going all-in. Eventually a vote went that the guy who won with the flush should take the pot. We played ther last hand open to see who would have won - it would have been me.

That's the way it goes.

The fact that I was up on them all, considering I've never played texas hold-em and I would have won in the end had it not been farcical is indicative of the calibre of card players around the table................

Some of the betting and bluffing going on was just bizarre.:eek:

The fact that I was up on them all, considering I've never played texas hold-em and I would have won in the end had it not been farcical is indicative of the calibre of card players around the table................

Some of the betting and bluffing going on was just bizarre.:eek:

Definitely lulling you into a false sense of security

I stupidly said I would play bridge tomorrow night with people I hardly know. I haven't played the game for more than 10 years.
I might be in a similiar predicament !!

yikes :eek:

I think you'll struggle to replicate the 'all-in' flouncing I saw last night although I hear that at really competive bridge tournaments, it's not uncommon for winners to be knifed by their losing opponents in the car park outside.

I think you'll struggle to replicate the 'all-in' flouncing I saw last night although I hear that at really competive bridge tournaments, it's not uncommon for winners to be knifed by their losing opponents in the car park outside.

Oh thanks !

might be an interesting evening after all