barclays using emergency lending facility...!!

...Well when I started this thread in Aug 07, I did not know what was happening....however I had my gut feelings from the articles I read in FT and BBC as below......

.....If Barclays borrowed £314m from the Bank of England, fuelling fears that the bank was in trouble.

To calm the market, Barclays said its hands were tied after HSBC missed a deadline to transfer funds to their account, the Financial Times reported.

On further investgations I found some very serious figures coming out from HBOS and RBS.....

It is amazing that after peering over charts and TA and all the other crap we do , it is in the end the fundamentals that will decide the next way.....

I am now of the opinio that charts will work only in rampaging markets......But if anyone takes their eyes of the fundamentals then they are doomed.....

Gut feelings and commnts by some very good learned friends like - who will remain nameless - got the alarm bells ringing......I am glad that I managed to sell two properties despite my wife's absolute refusal to do so.....Very good times are here now and those with equity will rule for many a years now.....

I will not not be doing any TA and all the other crap with m,arkets from now on as it just does NOT work at all.....

If it did then BOE Governer and COE would not have been cought with their pants down.....

Ditch TA.....Just read the books......!

zambuck

Barclay's was off its highs and in confirmed downtrend by the time of your first post. You could equally argue that TA sounded the warning and continued to do so despite all the attempts to soothe fears.

good trading

jon

Jon

It was sideways I think from Dec 06 to almost a week after my initial post.......

Point I am making is that for short term stock trading TA may be good....but for overall picture that will affect not only your holding but your entire daily existence, books of the companies are the ones to really watch.....

Anyway I will ditch TA for time being and stick with fundamental analysis.....This is of course based on the fact the books are accurate......Satyam, and other US companies comes to mind when I talk about books as well....