Backtesting via ProRealTime [IG Charts]

effem

Hi All
I'm having problems backtesting with ProRealTime. Has anyone here used this charting package that comes (as a paid service but free if you place 4 trades in a month) with IG spread trading platform.
I'm having difficulty modelling a swing strategy and it doesnt seem to get me the results as I would expect.
Let me know if anyone can assist. I tried looking for a thread with related info but no luck (possibly with my limited search abilities)
Thanks in advance

Hi All
I'm having problems backtesting with ProRealTime. Has anyone here used this charting package that comes (as a paid service but free if you place 4 trades in a month) with IG spread trading platform.
I'm having difficulty modelling a swing strategy and it doesnt seem to get me the results as I would expect.
Let me know if anyone can assist. I tried looking for a thread with related info but no luck (possibly with my limited search abilities)
Thanks in advance
Hi effem,
I'm sure your search abilities are just fine - the limitations are more likely to lie with our version of vBulletin!

I can't help with your question directly, however, in the past I have considered using IG in order to get ProRealTime charts for free. I decided against it because the data feed for the charts comes from PRT - as opposed to IG themselves. Consequently, everything's out-of-whack, as IG generate their own prices which are at variance (albeit only slightly for the most part) with the underlying market. This might not be a problem for swing or position traders - but can make life complicated for day traders using tight stops. Could this be the issue you're facing? Just a thought.
Tim.