Article on Prop Trading

I'm at a place similar to MET, sounds plausible to me... I've made 169 ticks on Euroswiss so far today, and I'm not quite 21.

(When I applied to MET, after behaving like a bit of a twat in the interview I was advised I'd be better as an Investment Analyst :cheesy: - when I went there for said interview they were trading Euribor and Short Sterling.)

(When I applied to MET, after behaving like a bit of a twat in the interview I was advised I'd be better as an Investment Analyst :cheesy: - when I went there for said interview they were trading Euribor and Short Sterling.)
LOL. In what way were you a 'bit of a twat'?!

LOL. In what way were you a 'bit of a twat'?!

My CV had on it that I was a member of a vaguely political (libertarian) society, and I tried to defend some of those views, but in a way that I thought would be as bland as possible, which of course made me sound like an idiot, or even worse some kind of wannabe sociologist.

And at that point, to be honest, I probably didn't have a very good idea of what I was applying for.

Lesson learnt though!

Lol about the interiew! Are you doing stir spreads, it seems most of the arcades are doing tthe same sort of thing but some have edge over others. What about Mako are they just market making exchange traded options mostly, any big earners?

I don't use the spreads except to transfer an outright position into another month, personally. But it's early days yet, still learning, etc...

I think Mako are market makers, so your earnings are going to be very much dependent upon how the firm itself is doing, no idea about "big earners", depends what you mean by big anyway.

I wouldn't do the job if you love money too much though. Do you know what it's like to lose £2500 in a day? It hurts more than you would expect... :LOL:

Anyone making several hundred k a year at prop shops doing stir calendars and butterflies?

Probably, be very difficult though - the volumes aren't really there.

ETA: They used to be, though, apparently.