are fxcm a good start for learning

nick19774u

Hello all

I would appreciate some feedback here please. I currently spreadtrade the indicies and i would like to go into the fx market, now i see FXCM offer 2 courses Chart Mentor and FX power course, does anyone reccommend them? are they worth doing, i am sure there are experienced Fx traders here on this community who would be able to give me a helping hand.

Thank you very much

nick

Hi Nick,

If you've done a little trading already and you are familiar with a few setups then very simply look at the FX market and apply the same setups on one of the majors, gbp/usd eur/usd are two of the more popular choices. My preference atm is gbp/usd.

I cant comment on the courses as Ive not heard anything about them. All TA is the same IMO the market you apply it to will change and the rules vary slightly. Get a good TA book and read through the forums see what others are doing or apply what you already know to FX. SB'ing offers a good medium to trade FX despite what anyone thinks they are pretty good and reliable depending on who you use.

Happy Trading
NB

If you've done a little trading already and you are familiar with a few setups then very simply look at the FX market and apply the same setups on one of the majors, gbp/usd eur/usd are two of the more popular choices.

yep, agree.....at the end of the day, there's nothing they're gonna reveal that you can't dig out on forums like these! as NB say's T/A works on this instrument as readily as it does on your present one - I can't comment personally on the courses either, so aren't gonna rubbish something I know nothing about, but before you shell out any dosh, scout around the threads & have a poke about ;)

Hi Nick
I was introduced to FX trading by a friend who was demo trading on oanda. I found it very interesting and wanted to learn more so I took the FXCM power trading course. I found the course very informative,and user friendly. The instructors are always available to answer questions. The course covers fundamental and technical analysis. I learnt a lot from the course and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn all about FX trading.
I am just starting out live trading this week and it certainly gave me the confidance to do this.

Tracer

tracer said:
Hi Nick
I was introduced to FX trading by a friend who was demo trading on oanda. I found it very interesting and wanted to learn more so I took the FXCM power trading course. I found the course very informative,and user friendly. The instructors are always available to answer questions. The course covers fundamental and technical analysis. I learnt a lot from the course and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn all about FX trading.
I am just starting out live trading this week and it certainly gave me the confidance to do this.

Tracer
Hi tracer, Ive just read your post which you made back in September. How is your trading progressing now youve had chance to put the things you learnt in the power course doing ?
Ive been tempted for a while to do the same as you but after all $500 is $500 and that buys a lot of books which is my other thought.