Arcades in Cape Town

I'd certainly be interested. This really is the perfect place to trade. The time diff is perfect for the european mkts, the climate is great and if you're earning foreign currency and converting it to ZAR you're laughing. I think the more exposue this country gets from the forthcoming world cup there will certainly be more people moving out here if of course it is politically stable.

cape town

I've been thinking of creating a "traders office/arcarde" in SA but got told by another that the demand isn't that high in South Africa? I have the full plan layed out but if it won't make a profit then it's no use doing it. I don't know what the one in CPT is like but the type of one I have in mind is combined with a small gym, lounge (wifi access all round), bar etc besides just the trading desks. Would also have a resident psychologist and mentor. However the fee per month would have to be around or over R2,000-3,000 a month. Peanuts if you are full time though. It's just as I said, if there is the amount of traders for that though in SA?

Would a place like that interest you spreadjunkie?

THIS WOULD BE OF INTERSET TO ME.
PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT IT.

Anne, sorry to reply to you so late but my point was that for a lot of SA traders (and I reckon you will need local locals to get the bums on seats to make it work long term) and that unless they have some good deals set up then many local local traders will be hamstrung by exchange controls and huge margins when you take exchange rates into account. Trading in SA is great if you have $'s, £'s or €'s and bank accounts outside SA. To have your business model rely solely on ex-pat traders coming in to an arcade there may be quite difficult to sustain.

I was led to understand that this was the issue that made the METTraders venture not being successful.

I will certainly stop in to have a look next Feb when I am back for a holiday providing it's still operational. I looked on the Sigma site but there is no mention of it. Is there actually anyone there arcade-wise?

Spreadjunkie, are you a local local or an ex-pat? :)

FIM

I'm from London - been over here in CT for just over a year now. The office is still operational, I think there are about 8-10 people up there.

Ahh OK. Nice one. Thanks for the info. I am coming back to the home town for the usual February wedding season in a few months :).

Where are you living in CT and are you trading from home then?

Is the office a Sigma office or is there another website/holding company that I could go and look at?

Cheers

FIM

Anne, sorry to reply to you so late but my point was that for a lot of SA traders (and I reckon you will need local locals to get the bums on seats to make it work long term) and that unless they have some good deals set up then many local local traders will be hamstrung by exchange controls and huge margins when you take exchange rates into account. Trading in SA is great if you have $'s, £'s or €'s and bank accounts outside SA. To have your business model rely solely on ex-pat traders coming in to an arcade there may be quite difficult to sustain.

I was led to understand that this was the issue that made the METTraders venture not being successful.

I will certainly stop in to have a look next Feb when I am back for a holiday providing it's still operational. I looked on the Sigma site but there is no mention of it. Is there actually anyone there arcade-wise?

Spreadjunkie, are you a local local or an ex-pat? :)

FIM

Hi FTSE

Most of the traders are backed so they don't need to worry about margin requirements, I don't know whether this was the case with Met. Its mainly a mixture of ex pats and South Africans who have traded in London but want to return home. I think the idea is to grow the business over time so they will probably look to take on some local locals or Grads and train them up in the future.

Its not on the website as that's getting redesigned so there didn't seme much point but I can give you a contact name if you want?

Thanks

Anne

arcades in cape town

Hi FTSE

Most of the traders are backed so they don't need to worry about margin requirements, I don't know whether this was the case with Met. Its mainly a mixture of ex pats and South Africans who have traded in London but want to return home. I think the idea is to grow the business over time so they will probably look to take on some local locals or Grads and train them up in the future.

Its not on the website as that's getting redesigned so there didn't seme much point but I can give you a contact name if you want?

Thanks

Anne

CONTACT DETAILS PLEASE ANNE

Hi FTSE

Thanks

Anne

PLEASE,

Does ANYBODY have the contact details of some arcades in CT? Desperately seeking for one...

Rgds

Cape Info

HI ann

I am in south africa for a few months and would not mind checking the arcades in cape town.

Could you please give the contact details.

Thanks

Hi there,

The Cape Town trading arcade has been operational for a few years now and growing solidly. I believe it's the only arcade in South Africa with direct access to all the major European exchanges. Check out the link below for contact details etc. There can't be too many nicer places in the world to sit and trade!

http://cpderivatives.com/

Hey FTSE in Mouth

Apologies for contacting you via this thread, hope you don't mind me getting in touch

I was doing some research on the Greg Secker Ultimate Forex Course and noticed that you had had a thread pulled and suggested people contact you directly to find out about it

I was considering doing the course but had noticed a lot of mixed reviews on the net, some very negative, was wondering if you could give me the heads up if this isn't an inconvenience for you

I'm hoping to get some good mentoring on trading GBP/USD and EUR/USD but working out who is credible, worth paying for advice is a minefield!

Any useful feedback would be greatfully received - I'm on [email protected]

Best wishes and thanks in advance for any help

Sunbeam2010

Hey FTSE in Mouth

Apologies for contacting you via this thread, hope you don't mind me getting in touch

I was doing some research on the Greg Secker Ultimate Forex Course and noticed that you had had a thread pulled and suggested people contact you directly to find out about it

I was considering doing the course but had noticed a lot of mixed reviews on the net, some very negative, was wondering if you could give me the heads up if this isn't an inconvenience for you

I'm hoping to get some good mentoring on trading GBP/USD and EUR/USD but working out who is credible, worth paying for advice is a minefield!

Any useful feedback would be greatfully received - I'm on [email protected]

Best wishes and thanks in advance for any help

Sunbeam2010

Sunbeam,

The Financial Services Authority in the UK (FSA) has now issued an alert for Knowledge to Action saying they are not regulated and are targeting UK investors. If I go into more detail this thread may get deleted so do your own research about this company with this official warning in mind.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/pdf/knowledge.pdf

Dear PBoyles

Many thanks for your swift response, really appreciate you giving me the heads up

Much obliged to you and guess I'll need to look for mentoring elsewhere

Sunbeam2010

That is correct, they are called Cape Point Derivatives and can be contacted on 0027 214039809 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************0027 214039809******end_of_the_skype_highlighting or through www.capepointderivatives.com. They have offices in Green Point and offer all European and US markets on a dedicated trading line. They can also offer brokering services and soon JSE products.

Hi all

Heard that Marex had opened up a shop in Cape Town. Anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Cheers

FIM