Any traders here that trade Futures and/or Forex in Australia?

moyes

I am from Australia and wanting to trade again. I had some success scalping, but then I gave up after I recovered from an injury and went back to fulltime work. For Forex brokers in Australia; it is now 30:1 leverage for FX majors. I wanted to trade Fx here in Aus but finding a decent broker is like finding a needle in a haystack. I was thinking about learning to trade futures instead because of the new regulations for forex. Any feedback would be appreciated or broker suggestion here? Thanks

Hi, I am a trader from NZ and I believe you can use an NZ Forex broker from Australia which offer leverage up to 500:1. I use Blackbull brokers In NZ. Might be worth your time to check them out.

Hi, I am a trader from NZ and I believe you can use an NZ Forex broker from Australia which offer leverage up to 500:1. I use Blackbull brokers In NZ. Might be worth your time to check them out.

Thanks for the message. Are you one of the few profitable traders using that much leverage? Leverage like that is a double edged sword.

For me its all about risk management. It took me over 4 years to be successful with forex, which involved a lot of learning and losses! I started in 2013 part time then full time in 2017. I only hold a small amount of capital in my trading account and do not take big risks. I am very patience and wait for good setups. You do not have to use 500:1 you can select less to suit your own trading style. Yes you are correct, leverage is a big double edge sword! Be very careful how you use it. Discipline is the key here along with risk management. I plan for when things go wrong and never risk to much capital. I mostly day trade which suit me and aim for amount of income over a month which allows for losses and profits. I have develop my own trading style which works for me across most market conditions. Sometimes it fails but mainly when I stuff up (even very discipline traders can have bad days) :).