Another signal service...

I would be interested to know how they arrive at their entry/exit/cancel recommendations.

I wonder if they have to pass advanced Accounting exams and have sufficient understanding of the Account Books to see if customers cancel their orders for any products to have a feel of how much support they have for their product at any particular point in time? It could be irresistible for customers to cancel orders if there is a severe penalty imposed on any cancellations.

Just had another email - not for a signal, though.

It's confirming the -40 loss of the 12th (but I didn't get an email about the failure on the 10th), and dropped the YTD total down to +1681 (apparently)

EDIT : received at 11.42 - "no signal today"

If there are more confirmations about the stop losses than there are about the targets, it shouldn't be too difficult to see how accurate the signals are.

Another signal sent, this one at 6.52am BST.

Sell gbp/usd at 1.8077, stop 40 (8117), target 80.

(stopped out for -40)

LOL.

Looks like this truly is the great contrarian indicator - quick, everyone do the complete opposite of every forthcoming signal!

ROFL

Talking about trading signals contrarian. FXCM have a news service built into their platform, and in that news service is a kind of a trade advisory service where they take on (supposedly) varius trades with some really amazing rationales that on the surface look very plausible. I followed this for a short while and discovered that their entries were very sloppy indeed, their stops pretty wide (presumably due to sloppy entries) and their timing was awful.

I have no idea if they actually put real money on these trades (that is the company providing these so called trading signals and news service - which I presume is a subsidiary of FXCM), or if overall they were actually profitable, BUT I did notice that in the vast majority of occasions, even if they won the trade, it was not without their already wide stop being severely tested.

So, fo a bit of fun for a few weeks, I took to watching their 'trades', waiting for them to plunge in their usual fashion, checked my charts, found a reasonably decent entry point, and contra'd back to just within their stop.

The result were in the order of:

hit rate - over 75%
P/L ratio 2(+):1

Cant remember the exact figures but they were impressive. (actually a touch better than those above...)

I would say though that I had my own research in place anyway and was not toally reliant upon the signals they generated, I had entries that were pretty keen off small timeframes (i.e. 15m downwards) and my stops were pretty tight as well (LOL obviously I didn't want to lose out too much while proving a point...)

But it does show that these signal providers can be useful but maybe not in the obvious ways. :LOL:

Goody gumdrops!

I've just had an email saying that as they have dropped under 100 pips to -7 pips, my trial is being extended until the end of the month - with no obligation! Terrific!

OK folks, get ready to fade whatever order we get next! This time next week we'll all be millionaires! :rolleyes::D

They must be really rich to give away free trials, month after month, to show the accuracy of their signals.

10.22am SELL eur/usd at 1.2244. Target 45, stop 40

10.27am Email arrives entitled "cancel order" - but doesn't say anything else (no instrument, although presumably eur/usd):rolleyes:

Anyone following this ought to be long anyway :D

No comments from the vendor about the abysmal performance yesterday (ie closing a trade that actually worked!)

8.39am SELL eur/usd at 1.2130
8.51am CLOSE eur/usd at breakeven

This'll be my last post on the system - view this as a great example of how not to do it.

The vendor, in case anyone is interested, is Global FXtrade.

Interesting.

Month to date: +33 pips
Year to date: +1681 pips

I wonder if the results have to be audited to provide such a valuable service?