Alpari system - Too many zeros, help please

happyhero

Hi I am practicing with the Alpari system with a hope to do it for real soon and they very recently seem to have added an extra zero after the decimal point. Whilst this may give more accurate figures it seems to me a little unnesscery and makes it awkward to look past this to set the stop loss etc.

For example the EURUSD is currently showing a figure of 1.28200 and I decide to set a stop loss of say 40, I have to input of 1.28600 or 1.27800 depending on if it were a buy or a sell. Whereas a little while ago it would have been 1.2820 so the figures would have been 1.2860 or 1.2780 which was much easier to work out quickly.

Anyone know how to make it display the required amout of decimal places after the point?

Sorry if it is obvious, as it would be in something like Excel but I cannot find a way to do it.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
can't you just ignore the last zero?? basic maths, isn't it?

Your 40 pip stop is in fact 0.004 units.

Not so much problem with maths-- its a pain- takes ages to scroll to the stop you require as it goes through the extra decimal. Distracting when looking quickly.
Fxpro is the same. Have e mailed them and waiting for answer.

Not so much problem with maths-- its a pain- takes ages to scroll to the stop you require as it goes through the extra decimal. Distracting when looking quickly.

Have had similiar problems.
Have resorted to entering the required stop manually,rather than scrolling.

haha I can imagine it is a pain in the bum. At least if you go the manual route, you'll improve your mental arithmetic! :clap:

Hi guys thanks for all your inputs, doesn't look like anyone will figure it out or that they will even allow it. In answer to some of your questions yes I can just ignore it and in fact I am getting used to doing that, my maths is pretty good and I am fast at doing it, but just like tommac says, it is distracting and things can get quite involved with all the graphing and calculations, so the desire is to try and simplfy as much as possible, and not to complicate unnessacerily.

I appreciate all your help guys anyway.