advfn Toplists anyone ?

panda

Hi all,
I often have a look at advfn and am wondering if anyone has signed up for/use their premium toplists.
In particular chart breakouts and alerts for a fiver + vat p/m.

Any thoughts, cheers A

panda said:
Hi all,
I often have a look at advfn and am wondering if anyone has signed up for/use their premium toplists.
In particular chart breakouts and alerts for a fiver + vat p/m.

Any thoughts, cheers A

I subscribed through the naked traders website as below for £40 for the year.

http://www.thenakedtrader.co.uk/

I have no connection. I am just tgrying to help you save twenty quid if you decide to subscribe.

Watch it with ADVFN, they make it easy to sign up but very hard to cancel. You have to write to them and maybe your letter gets 'lost'. That's how it used to be anyway.

Personally I don't put much trust in a company that treats its clients so bad.

Yes i did read the thread about not being able to cancel, and i'm not about to sign up.
Just curious if anyone actually used the "toplists" and if they found them usefull or just something else of little value that people can throw money at.

cheers A

panda said:
Yes i did read the thread about not being able to cancel, and i'm not about to sign up.
Just curious if anyone actually used the "toplists" and if they found them usefull or just something else of little value that people can throw money at.

cheers A

I have it. It is of minimal use to me.

Thanks for the reply "heycanilosemoney".
I see you had subscribed thru the naked trader site, have you read his book "the naked trader", it seems that he makes good use of all the free stuff on ADVFN and produces pretty good results albeit long term buy and hold.

Yes I read the book. It was very good if a bit too fundamental for me. I think that he makes good use of advfn but of course he is subscribed at a much higher level and has level 2 etc. Plus of course he writes for advfn as well so I assume he gets the service for nothing or certainly at a cheaper rate.

Hi guys, I use the toplists on ADVFN. I've managed to build the constant gainers/losers into a system that I've been working on for entries. I have had reasonable success with it in 2006. Additionally, the ex div dates are available at a glance on the top lists. I think it basically a case of working out whether toplist can have a place in your system. If not, don't bother.