Adding to 3 monitor setup?

rhay999

Any suggestions re. the info below would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Matrox P750 AGP graphics card which allows me a maximum of 3 montiors stretched into one display.

I'd like to add one or perhaps more monitor/s. Does anyone know if I can add a PCI graphics card and still use the Matrox Powerdesk?

I don't want to buy a Matrox M450x4 (v. expensive) and can't find sales info (UK) regarding the Matorx Qid (I think it's new).

Can I double up on any other single/dual cards with reasonable RAM/speed to allow a bit of gaming in consolidation/ranging periods?!!

Thanks.

rhay999 said:

I have a Matrox P750 AGP graphics card which allows me a maximum of 3 montiors stretched into one display.

I'd like to add one or perhaps more monitor/s. Does anyone know if I can add a PCI graphics card and still use the Matrox Powerdesk?

I don't want to buy a Matrox M450x4 (v. expensive) and can't find sales info (UK) regarding the Matorx Qid (I think it's new).

Can I double up on any other single/dual cards with reasonable RAM/speed to allow a bit of gaming in consolidation/ranging periods?!!

Thanks.

I would guess you probably can use powerdesk with another card but why not ask on the matrox forum, where you'll get a definiite answer?
http://forum.matrox.com/mga/index.php

How about replacing your monitors with apple tft displays? That would allow for much more desktop real estate with amazing resolutions possible. I'd like a 30" apple tft for christmas but back on planet earth....

rhay999 said:

Thanks.
I don't see why you couldn't add a PCI graphics card to your existing config. I am running a dual head Nvidia and a dual head ATI Radeon. one agp and one pci.

thank you all for your info - really useful. The MAtrox forum is out of action at the moment but I've got a spare PCI card and I'll drop that in and see how it goes.

I have a Matrox G450 2 monitor card.

After reading this thread I tried to connect a third monitor to the old monitor outlet. Nothing has happened though I have looked in the properties and it has not recognised there is a third monitor attached and the third monitor just says no signal. Is there a way?

Martin

marthart said:
I have a Matrox G450 2 monitor card.

After reading this thread I tried to connect a third monitor to the old monitor outlet. Nothing has happened though I have looked in the properties and it has not recognised there is a third monitor attached and the third monitor just says no signal. Is there a way?

Martin

Does your system still recognise both graphics cards?

No in display adaptors it only has the Matrox. The original one must be part of the motherboard.

Martin

marthart said:
No in display adaptors it only has the Matrox. The original one must be part of the motherboard.

Martin
Sorry thats me out of my depth, I would have thought you would have to have 2 graphics cards visible, if there is such a graphics card that is part of your motherboard, (and I'm not being sarcastic, I simply don't know), then I might suspect that your matrox renders it obselete. I'm sure one of the tech'sperts will come to your aid soon. :)

That's me out of my depth too, but in principle both display adaptors ought to work. I would try uninstalling all existing drivers for both cards and booting up again with all monitors plugged in. then re-install drivers for both. In principle that should work - I think!

Failing that try the matrox forum on Monday or you could try the forum here: http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/