A newbie 2 weeks experience with IG

droogle

Guys,

This is my first few weeks of SBettibng, as some of you may remember on my previous post. Just wanted to say my experience with IG had been great so far. I did 20 plus trades of Dow $5/pip, no slippage and execution is amazingly fast (even faster then other firms demo!!). The price I click is the price I get even during rallying or chaotic movement. Their quoted price is consistent with the underlying market and their staff is helpful and friendly.

Just hope their spread is cheaper then GFT or CMC and include candlestick on their charts. The reason I don't choose GFT or CMC is because I don't feel comfortable with their terms and conditions which allow them to underhand you if they want to where else IG don't have such terms. But if additional 2 pips is what I have to pay for integrity, it's well worth it.

A happy customer.
:)

That's exactly the thing. What's the point in a 0.00001 pip spread if you don't get filled until 150 pips later?

I'm a happy IGIndex user too!

I have real accounts with other companies, but none of them come close to IG. Fast execution, accurate prices, good charting package, choice of markets, trade management is great. Can't complain at all. I have withdrawn profits through them fine too.

I'm a happy IGIndex user too!

I have real accounts with other companies, but none of them come close to IG. Fast execution, accurate prices, good charting package, choice of markets, trade management is great. Can't complain at all. I have withdrawn profits through them fine too.

Maybe I should re-open an account, then. Do their charts match their quotes now?

I have just switched from CMC to IG and much prefer it. The web app is better and spreads are pretty tight and you can trade on options contracts. I think all these services are pretty much fantastic though. I first started trading with options about 12 years ago. You had commissions to pay on trades (around £25-30 to buy and again to sell which needed to be factored in before you got into profit!), and the minimum was a single contract at £10 a point which would envariably cost around 2-3k for FTSE contract which was tough for a newbie mack then. Though I think all these barriers made you much more disciplined and organised. Sometimes I think it far too easy to make quick unthought through trades with a single click that you all to often regret.

rm

Maybe I should re-open an account, then. Do their charts match their quotes now?

In general I have found them to be very accurate. Having said that, I read somewhere on here yesterday that as recently as a few weeks ago the charts were far enough ahead of the quotes to be able to take advantage of it.

Unfortunately I have never experienced such a scenario! :(