$10 K => 42 million: Why Dan Zanger is richer than most traders

if you take 100 traders and let them use insane leverage, obvisouly one or two will get lucky and make it big! but the majority will blow up in a most spectaular fassion! i have blown myself up before using insane leverage...its works untill it goes wrong!

That's where the luck comes into it though, or to put it another way I'd be reluctant to list Zanger as a role-model for newbie traders. I was talking to a guy who is an account manager at one of the big spreadbet firms recently, and he said they get a surprising amount of people who go from a starting point of less than £10k all the way up to the £250-£500k level over a few months, using a combination of compounding and big balls, and then all the way back down again (usually to zero or less...!)

Zanger seems like a cool trader, but don't follow his advice on shorts. He just doesn't succeed with shorts and if you stick to his advice on shorts, you'd have major losses.

if you take 100 traders and let them use insane leverage, obvisouly one or two will get lucky and make it big! but the majority will blow up in a most spectaular fassion! i have blown myself up before using insane leverage...its works untill it goes wrong!

So how do you manage such losses to avoid them getting out of hand?