Senior Market Analyst and Broker, Stocks & Commodities Magazine Columnist and Author
Carley Garner is an experienced futures and options broker and co-owner of DeCarley Trading in Las Vegas, Nevada. She is also the author of "Currency Trading in the FOREX and Futures Markets", "A Trader's First Book on Commodities" and “Commodity Options” published by FT Press, a division of Prentice Hall. She has also contributed to the FT Press Delivers line of digital products, "Insights for the Agile Investor". Her e-newsletters, The DeCarley Perspective, The Stock Index Report and the Bond Bulletin, have garnered a loyal following; she is also proactive in providing free trading education, for details visit www.DeCarleyTrading.com.
Carley is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of the University of Nevada Las Vegas, from which she earned dual bachelor’s degrees in both Finance and Accounting. Carley jumped into the options and futures industry with both feet in early 2004 and has become one of the most recognized names in the business.
Throughout her fast paced career, Carley has been featured in the likes of Stocks & Commodities, Futures, Active Trader, Option Trader, Your Trading Edge, Equities, Expiring Monthly and Pitnews Magazine. Carley is often interviewed by news services such as Reuters and Dow Jones Newswire, and has been quoted by the Investor’s Business Daily and the Wall Street Journal. She has also been known to participate in Radio interviews and can be found on the speaking circuit.
Writing, Traveling, Music
- Real Name
- Carley Garner
- Senior Market Analyst/ Stocks & Commodities Columnist / Broker
- United States
- Trading Style
- Intermediate term option spreads and short option trading (American style)
- List of Markets Traded
- Commodities and financial futures and options
- What method do you use to Trade?
- Option spreads and short option trading
- Vendor (Optional)
- Trading Experience
- More than 5 Years
- Trading Work Status
- Full-Time (Home/Office)
- Trading Arcade/Prop Firm
- Preferred Trading Style
- Position Trader
- Preferred Trading Methodology
- Market Neutral / Spread
- Preferred Market Regions
- Preferred Markets
- Interest Rates
- Preferred Trading Instruments
- Preferred Forex Currencies
- Preferred Direct Access Brokers
- Preferred Futures Brokers
- Favorite Trading Books
- My books, " A Trader's First Book on Commodities" and "Commodity Options" published by FT Press a division of Prentice Hall on book shelves now!
- Favorite Trading Magazines
- Active Trader
- Options Trader Magazine
- SFO Magazine
- Stocks & Commodities
- The Technical Analyst
- The Trader's Journal
- Trader Monthly
- Favorite Trading Tip
- I am a big advocate of (American style) option selling. We all know that more options than not expire worthless, but it is the handful of losers that threaten the strategy. Assuming that you are successful in keeping the odds in your favor through patience, appropriate strike price placement and risk, combined with instinct and of course a little bit of luck this is the best way that I have found to become a profitable trader. If insurance companies have found a way to build a business around this theory, there must be something to it. Sign up for my free e-newsletters for guidance in such strategies.
Senior Market Analyst/Stocks & Commodities Columnist/Broker
You've been registered here for a year, congratulations!
Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
30 messages posted. You must like it here!
Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.