• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[Darwin] FLU by joyny

I've observed that the majority of investors in my Darwins tend to engage when there's been a recent surge in gains. However, it's crucial to understand that my Darwins should not be perceived merely as 'in trend'. If the equity line is exhibiting an 'up-trend', it invariably implies that a drawdown (DD) is imminent. A more strategic entry point would be during a drawdown, for example at 50% of the historical maximum drawdown.

Here are my Darwinex trading statistics for all my accounts over more than four years. The total profit is 33%. On average, I have earned 8% yearly on my trading capital, which was distributed across my 16 accounts (not all as Darwins):

darwinex_results.png

It took about 10 years when Jim Simons first began trading in earnest until Renaissance Technologies (RenTec) started to consistently generate significant profits. His initial trading endeavors commenced in the late 1970s, and he founded RenTec in 1982. However, it wasn’t until the late 1980s to early 1990s that his models fully matured and began delivering the phenomenal results for which RenTec is renowned.

In comparison, my own trading journey, now at the five-year mark, represents about half of the ten-year learning curve.

As Jim Rohn once said, "The true value is not in the money you earn from becoming wealthy, but in the knowledge, character, and personality you develop while striving toward your goals." Although my yearly 8% return does not currently surpass the S&P 500 12%, I have gained considerable knowledge from the experience.

I continue to learn and develop new strategies.

Last edited:
In response to underperformance, I have made decisive changes to the Expert Advisors (EAs) managing my DARWINs GBN and BRX. Specifically, I have discontinued the use of previous EAs due to their unsatisfactory performance metrics.

Subsequently, I have deployed new Expert Advisors on these accounts: 4 instances on GBN and 3 on BRX. Each instance is programmed to trade a distinct set of high-growth stocks, targeting companies known for their robust growth potential such as Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS), Microsoft Corporation (MSFT), and Deckers Outdoor Corporation (DECK), among others.

The revised strategy marks a shift towards a more dynamic approach, encompassing both buying and selling activities to capitalize on market movements. To mitigate risk and optimize returns, I have instituted fixed stop-loss and take-profit parameters. Initially, these parameters are set to a 1:1 risk-reward ratio. However, leveraging automated logic based on comprehensive data analysis, these parameters are adjustable to a 1:n ratio. This adjustment is not based on a trailing mechanism but is fixed and fine-tuned according to identified patterns and historical performance insights, enabling the implementation of varied take-profit targets.

The decision to focus on growth stocks is based on their historical tendency to outperform the market over the long term, which reflects their potential to deliver substantial returns. Leveraging this behavior, the strategy is designed to maximize gains from the upward trajectory of these stocks. Therefore, BUY deals are aimed at capturing profits, while SELL deals are intended to hedge against risks in the event of market reversals.

I employ portfolios comprising several growth stocks because it's impossible to predict when a company might falter and cease growing. This diversification strategy helps mitigate the risk associated with the potential underperformance of any single stock, ensuring a more stable and resilient trading approach.
HI i am Felix, a trader amateur that have a dream, live from trading, now i have one strategy that is efective bit i want to go to thee next leveln and I think that you are a good way to find the next level on trading, I offer me like worker that can work only for knowledge about trading or like student, doesn't matter the way i believe in you like a good step for be a big trader. If Finbou AG is interested in a trader or worker with entusiasm, dedication, inteligent and good maners I am here for you.