Your Share tips for 2009

RUPS
Thats what AIM stocks are all about slow boring tedious to watch week after week but you only need one or two to take off and it makes up for the wait ..Used to be called bottom drawer stocks I used to take investors chronicle could pick up some good details in that re companies .
I'm looking to sign up with ii for share trading shortly
kegi

RUPS
Thats what AIM stocks are all about slow boring tedious to watch week after week but you only need one or two to take off and it makes up for the wait ..Used to be called bottom drawer stocks I used to take investors chronicle could pick up some good details in that re companies .
I'm looking to sign up with ii for share trading shortly
kegi

HI Kegi

I dont really pay much regard to share info because i usually find it is biased for one reason or another. im trying to focus on watching where the flow of money is going, if i see a big name like gartmore, or credit suisse, investing in a small stock i put in a little, the way i see it, aim stocks are very high risk, and the ability to carry out due diligence is much harder, plus they are not legally obliged to provide as indepth financial accounting. i work on the basis the big players are doing the due diligence for me, after all if its entering thier funds in this climate, its entering mine, its all a game when its said and done. This reccession or lack of money (i have my own view) is knocking companies who are still performing very well sidewards, so my view is after the situation with the dollar is finished, and the old dinasour industries die out, the keep markets which i regard as bio-tech, mining and oil will come back with vengence. who knows for sure, its all a speculation.

Sorry I haven't taken part recently.
Has anyone any views on Regal Petroleum (RPT)? This company has a chequered history with a share price ranging from over £5 to about 20p. Last year Shell was said to have made a bid of £3 a share but nothing came of this. The sp is around 40p but there is talk of this reaching £2 by the end of 2009 and £5 by 2010/11.

Sorry I haven't taken part recently.
Has anyone any views on Regal Petroleum (RPT)? This company has a chequered history with a share price ranging from over £5 to about 20p. Last year Shell was said to have made a bid of £3 a share but nothing came of this. The sp is around 40p but there is talk of this reaching £2 by the end of 2009 and £5 by 2010/11.

personally i have a small holding so this is biased, but just based on current market price vs. cap and the fact the sector in general is due a boost i am in fo the long run. none of the major shareholders have sold holdings so thier is something here for the long game.

I agree.
Also, recently, I have bought Banco de Santander (magnificent divi!), BP and Peter Hambro Mining which will shortly transfer from AIM to the FTSE100 and should do well if the price of gold really takes off.

new to this forum and new to trading have bought into tanfield group

Hi bought into tanfield a couple of months ago-look good long term,worth reading up on!

Hi bought into tanfield a couple of months ago-look good long term,worth reading up on!

i hope tanfield does well...i believe its in talks with a big name in america. i got a long position here so hopefully your right and we all do well. the last time i check though to buy the stock the spread was pretty wide. good luck

might be a little late to join this party but Quintain, QED.L, has worked out well for me and still looks good to climb... Other more obvious bets are Taylor Wimpey (TW..L), Dixons Stores Group (DSGI.L) and even Northern Foods (NFDS.L). Minerva (MNR.L) is an interesting one and i got my fingers burned on it 18 months a go. That said general chatter seems to suggest that it should go the same way as QED. It has a good portfolio with several projects due for completion in the not to distant. Worth a punt i guess...

might be a little late to join this party but Quintain, QED.L, has worked out well for me and still looks good to climb... Other more obvious bets are Taylor Wimpey (TW..L), Dixons Stores Group (DSGI.L) and even Northern Foods (NFDS.L). Minerva (MNR.L) is an interesting one and i got my fingers burned on it 18 months a go. That said general chatter seems to suggest that it should go the same way as QED. It has a good portfolio with several projects due for completion in the not to distant. Worth a punt i guess...

personally i would be jumping out of dixons and be grateful. the markets are forward forecasting and to a extent have already priced in the sale of its european arms. this is a sad old business model. the irony is they sold the pc;s which put themselves out of business.

True, at 20p they were a buy and now is as good a time to sell as any. The question is what next ITV are looking sticky at 25p and the financials look set for a hard week... Property stocks it is then :whistling

You might want to check out my post (#3) and take a look at a few of them. Most notably MXP. I think that's about 500% return. GGG currently suspended but who knows where it could open, potentially going to give another huge return. PRTY doing quite well I think from recollection.

No comment about GM though :p Although I don't do US stuff but that was highly speculative, i'm sure you could have nicked a profit in that too.

What a year! How did you do. We had some crazy forecats like general Motors and RBS but we had some blinders like mine Vedanta 500 to 2631.

Others suggested Max Petrol MXP 3 to 28 - ENK 3 to 10 - TAN 8 to 70 and RPT 40 to 81.

The safe bets VOD and BP also did well up 35% plus dividends.

What a year! How did you do. We had some crazy forecats like general Motors and RBS but we had some blinders like mine Vedanta 500 to 2631.

Others suggested Max Petrol MXP 3 to 28 - ENK 3 to 10 - TAN 8 to 70 and RPT 40 to 81.

The safe bets VOD and BP also did well up 35% plus dividends.

Yep it was quite a year... as always the market suprises.

My big risk tip for the year didnt move SPMG... but I am still holding as I think its going to happen soon..

The others were ok .. VOD DTY.. OILB ETF

Looking back I was quite defensive a the begining or 2009... this year I am favouring risk... but wondering if i have it the right way round lol

My tips for 2010 ..

SPMG .. could be a 10 bagger this one..
TW. ..
GEMD ..

HAPPY NEW YEAR... (y)

A fair bit of risk in there.. but good rewards i reckon..

Below are the best and worst performers on the FTSE 100 for 2009, according to Reuters Factbox:

TOP 10 BEST PERFORMERS:
KAZAKHMYS (LSE: KAZ.L - news) 474.9 PCT
VEDANTA RESOURCES (LSE: VED.L - news) 327.0 PCT
FRESNILLO (LSE: FRES.L - news) 244.3 PCT
XSTRATA (LSE: XTA.L - news) 209.4 PCT
PETROFAC (LSE: PFC.L - news) 201.4 PCT
RIO TINTO (LSE: RIO.L - news) 175.4 PCT
EURASIAN NATURAL RESOURCES 177.3 PCT
BURBERRY 170.1 PCT
ANTOFAGASTA (LSE: ANTO.L - news) 133.5 PCT
LONMIN (LSE: LMI.L - news) 125.4 PCT

TOP 10 WORST PERFORMERS: