Withdrawal issue with IG Index

If u trade good size u can go with FX futures at this offer from OEC , commission on B pound is 2.1 $ per side = 4.2 $ round turn = 0.67 pip for one lot British pound , but on Prospreads if u want to trade B pound futures u will pay 1.6 pip per side = 3.2 pip for every trade !!
1 lot B pound futures = 62500 pound

Something to consider thank you. Have a few brokers to look into. A smaller spread and execution on par with IG on fx being the main goal.

Something to consider thank you. Have a few brokers to look into. A smaller spread and execution on par with IG on fx being the main goal.
G/J at ig is now 2 pips !

G/J at ig is now 2 pips !

:-0 Just checked and your right! Yet G/U still 3 but I would be happy to swap to G/J!

When did this happen and is this permanent? :eek:

Well I'd like to give DD a go so will most probably fund both IG and DD and take it from there. Ig despite my recent issue have never let me down trading wise and 2 pips on the G/J is something (y)

Last edited:
:-0 Just checked and your right! Yet G/U still 3 but I would be happy to swap to G/J!

Well I'd like to give DD a go so will most probably fund both IG and DD and take it from there. Ig despite my recent issue have never let me down trading wise and 2 pips on the G/J is something (y)
noticed this last night only dont know if it is permanent , G/J switch between 2 - 3 pips and Cable switch between 3 and 1.9 pips ...

noticed this last night only dont know if it is permanent , G/J switch between 2 - 3 pips and Cable switch between 3 and 1.9 pips ...

Ok well thanks for that, need to check on this pair again, only reason I stopped trading it was the 8/7 pip spread but that was 2 years ago and this pair may be trading differently these days.

The card was lost with my wallet as I stated in the first post :)

Well in case of future problems, you could scan your replacement cards now and keep the scans safe somewhere (e.g. encrypted with winzip or similar). Having said that I am not sure how useful scans would actually be, except that you have a reference to all the numbers. Don't think I'd want to trust email with it, for example.

Assuming you could get a replacement card in a reasonable time, could you not have just registered that card and made a small deposit with it, which would then have allowed withdrawals to the new card? I have done this on one platform. I think this was a case of the card having expired. In another case, when I registered the new card it took off a nominal 1p to validate it, and from then on I could make withdrawals to it.

Well in case of future problems, you could scan your replacement cards now and keep the scans safe somewhere (e.g. encrypted with winzip or similar). Having said that I am not sure how useful scans would actually be, except that you have a reference to all the numbers. Don't think I'd want to trust email with it, for example.

Assuming you could get a replacement card in a reasonable time, could you not have just registered that card and made a small deposit with it, which would then have allowed withdrawals to the new card? I have done this on one platform. I think this was a case of the card having expired. In another case, when I registered the new card it took off a nominal 1p to validate it, and from then on I could make withdrawals to it.

Yeah I had no problem when the card expired and I withdrew to my replacement but this replacement was lost and I tried to figure out any which way that was actually possible with them to get the money withdrawn but unfortunately when your dealing with customer services of any company they don't want to know, they are ingrained with computer says no.

This issue was ongoing with customer services for nearly a week and 1 email explaining the situation to compliance had the issue resolved only for another department to cancel the bank transfer as they were not informed.

I thought I can not be the only customer to have ever lost or had their card stolen and I'm not aware of a bank that prints the full card number on the bank statement.

I will most probably use IG again in the very near future but by the end of it all I told them to withdraw the whole amount as I didn't think I'd be returning lol.. but after cooling down I realise they have far more positives going for them to counter this unfortunate issue.

I do have the option to send them a wire transfer next time so will either do that or take a big gulp and pay by debit card again. Thing is I never lose my wallet and before this cannot remember the time, I was out and got blind drunk so now I don't take my wallet with me so perhaps I'll be fine and if not I know the compliance department are not pre programmed.

I thought I can not be the only customer to have ever lost or had their card stolen and I'm not aware of a bank that prints the full card number on the bank statement.

My Nationwide credit card statement still has the full card number (which seems a bit remiss nowadays), but of my 3 debit cards (2 with building societies, 1 with a major bank) none of them has the debit card number(s) on the statement. One of them doesn't even have the full account number, but I think 2 of them do.

only at certain times of the day/usual volatility issues etc...standard is 8 pip spread on IG for GBP/JPY...

only at certain times of the day/usual volatility issues etc...standard is 8 pip spread on IG for GBP/JPY...
This was b4 , maybe they were trying something cuz it was whole thursday and friday at 2 or 3 pips , today it is 7 pips most of the time

Guys, I have some bad experience with IG's payment system. After moving home I updated IG with my new address. I then tried to deposit via the same card I used before, and after reaching the 'verified by visa' page and after I successfully put in my visa password, I received an error message saying the transaction has been declined!

I phoned IG and they said my payment was declined because my address with IG doesn't match 100% with my address with my bank. I compared the confirmation letter from IG when I updated my address, with my new bank statement, and the address is identical! I called IG again and the CS girl told me the same thing - we haven't taken your money, sir, blah blah and you need to talk to your bank. I then called my bank, who told me at the instant I put in the correct verified by visa password, the money would have left my account. If IG declined to accept it, my money will end up in 'cyberspace' for 10 bloody working days! I then called IG, and the same CS girl told me the money should return to my account with 2 days as they did a 'reversal transaction'.

10 working days later money was finally returned to my bank account. Luckily this was not a large amount. Imagine had I tried to deposit £10k and the money goes missing for 10 days in cyberspace??

I complained to IG and they never actually admitted that they shouldn't have asked for my visa password, had they sensed any discrepancies in my address record. They blamed me for giving different addresses, and blamed Barclays bank for holding the funds for 10 working days.

It was a very stressful experience as I needed to put on a good long gold trade. Eventually I had to open an account with City Index not to miss the opportunity.

Has anyone else had similar experiences when moving home?

Guys, I have some bad experience with IG's payment system. After moving home I updated IG with my new address. I then tried to deposit via the same card I used before, and after reaching the 'verified by visa' page and after I successfully put in my visa password, I received an error message saying the transaction has been declined!

I phoned IG and they said my payment was declined because my address with IG doesn't match 100% with my address with my bank. I compared the confirmation letter from IG when I updated my address, with my new bank statement, and the address is identical! I called IG again and the CS girl told me the same thing - we haven't taken your money, sir, blah blah and you need to talk to your bank. I then called my bank, who told me at the instant I put in the correct verified by visa password, the money would have left my account. If IG declined to accept it, my money will end up in 'cyberspace' for 10 bloody working days! I then called IG, and the same CS girl told me the money should return to my account with 2 days as they did a 'reversal transaction'.

10 working days later money was finally returned to my bank account. Luckily this was not a large amount. Imagine had I tried to deposit £10k and the money goes missing for 10 days in cyberspace??

I complained to IG and they never actually admitted that they shouldn't have asked for my visa password, had they sensed any discrepancies in my address record. They blamed me for giving different addresses, and blamed Barclays bank for holding the funds for 10 working days.

It was a very stressful experience as I needed to put on a good long gold trade. Eventually I had to open an account with City Index not to miss the opportunity.

Has anyone else had similar experiences when moving home?

Hi, Thanks for sharing that. I have lived at the same address since my IG account was opened but that is another issue for me to consider if and when I do relocate.

However reaffirms to me that perhaps for the most peace of mind a bank transfer is the way to go with them.

its the same when moving money in and out of poker accounts. you need to let them know your new details and these must match the address your card is registered to.