Why has FOREX got its own set of forums?

Donkers

Hello all.

I'm looking at trading forex and probably other instruments, other than the shares I've been used to.

I just wondered why Forex has it's own dedicated section, whereas every other market gets lumped together in to "Other Markets".

Is it so difficult to trade and make consistent profits that it warrents its own section?

If I remeber correctly, John Bartlett, of Learn Trading, recommends learning to trade using Forex. Is this a good idea for newbies to Forex?

Looks like a great site. A lot to read too!:D

I'm guesing it's because Forex is the most popular and attracts the most newcomers. In my opinion, it's also difficult to trade (I prefer oil and gold) has by far the most systems and signals for sale and is generally just the sexy flavour of the month, year and probably decade. More money changes hands in Forex, as all the sales pitches tell us...

Thanks for the reply, 10KLoser. I'm surprised if more newcomers are attracted to Forex than anything else, such as shares. Don't know why that would be.

Cheers again. Anyone else any ideas?

More newbies are attracted to forex because of the industry devoted to telling them how easy it is and how rich they will be. Also, forex has a different set of trading systems (the broker is your counter party (trust him, sure do!)) and has no volume. Finally, quite a few people trade forex and nothing else, so putting a fence around it is useful; then, later, when they decide to expand they can look over the fence at the rest of the site.

Don't forget the fact that you can start trading forex with very little money. You can try trading for less than $100 now so if you lose it all it's no big deal.:devilish: