Whos Recruiting???

hemy

Hi guys

does anyone know which arcades are currently recruiting!?!

I know that MET traders are currently seeking trainees as it is advertised on the e-financials website. Any others?

I have been on the LIFFE website and seen the trading beauraux on there. Is that all of the prop shops or is there more in london?

Well done guys - only 4 years too late. :p

(I've heard about TCA - perhaps you should read up around here about them.)

And as for TCA, I just watched their video for the remote trader program. Looks genuine does it Sherlock?

You pay 9 grand for the chance to trade on a sim that they will tell you is a live account only so that they can ditch you if unprofitable and keep you if you are good. If you are trading on their system, they can easily get away with telling you that a sim is real.

It is the best recruitment system I have ever heard of, for them at least.

Brief outline: Straight A's GCSE and A-Level. 1st from Warwick in Economics (just graduated). SII cert in securities & financial derivatives. Currently trading FX full-time.

You should be applying for front office graduate positions in investmenet banks

You should be applying for front office graduate positions in investmenet banks

I'm not really interested in working for an IB. Nothing against IBs it just isn't the way I want to go. I want to be a prop trader and IBs cant offer that from the word go.

If I can't get into a prop firm now then I am quite happy to trade for myself, its going quite well so far.

I'm not really interested in working for an IB. Nothing against IBs it just isn't the way I want to go. I want to be a prop trader and IBs cant offer that from the word go.

If I can't get into a prop firm now then I am quite happy to trade for myself, its going quite well so far.

Impressive A’ levels, 1st from Warwick..... you should be a good candidate for IB's.
Prop houses are not the best choice, in my believe... fluctuating markets, spread trading, high cost( round turns) also small limits, if you go offsite the Risk Manager cry’s and shoots.. Believe me it happened to me. Almost no stable salary, you will be on splits.
If I was you, I would try a grad program in an IB. Personal opinion, or a Masters in LSE.
But you look impressive.
:smart:
You can trade for IB's clients and if you show them you are good, you can trade or hedge the book.
Or if you are realy good you can trade from you own clients book ( prop) and get lots and lots of limits

Prop houses are not the best choice, in my believe... fluctuating markets, spread trading, high cost( round turns) also small limits, if you go offsite the Risk Manager cry’s and shoots.. Believe me it happened to me. Almost no stable salary, you will be on splits.

I agree. But for the minority of people that make it, there is no better job in the world. Being in an investment bank is relatively stable with good salary and bonus but at the end of the day, you are still working for someone else and the hours are quite long. I think what Christopher is after is some freedom and being a prop trader (not within the graduate scheme) will give him that freedom since he can trade when he wants and as long as he has his limits, pretty much the market he wants. If he does make it, then the rewards will be so much greather than if he had stuck it out in an Investment Bank.

The freedom of trading in a shop was one of the main reasons why I choose this career path but I have yet to make some money but its early days and i'm learning so much and improving.

Prop trading isnt so bad in the CV if one slants it to more middle office operational type role.

I'd be curious to know how statements from MAN Financial could be fabricated? TCA clear through MAN.

You're probably right, I was getting a bit ahead of myself. After all, you work for them so you would proabably know!

I didn't mean to have a go at TCA, I was just a bit peed off at them.

I sat through half an hour of their remote trader scheme promotional video, thinking "this sounds good", only for them to reveal at the end that it costs £9K!!!!!

Anyway, peace to TCA, peace to everyone :)

is anywhere recruiting any office juniors or even on the boards? Am looking for a start somehwere, but as a non grad, it seems the only way in is through the side door if you know someone to bring you in.

Re: Christo9her ... there is a difference in real and sim and it is possible to know which one you are on???!!!! just keep an eye on market depth i.e. bid/offer volume as you put your orders in ... it will be difficult to note the difference during bussy hours but if you stay latter when volume dries out you will sertainly learn if you are on the sim or real ...