Which uni has better reputation

michalg

I am going to uni this year and have to choose between University of Salford or Manchester Metropolitan University. Im not english, so I dont knot which uni has better reputation. Could you help me with this? The course is Bcs Business Economy at both uni.
I know, they are not good as you write it should, but Im not english so it was hard to get into better uni.
Sorry for my English :) still learning
thanks

Man Met...its closer to the better uni's! haha! I would try get a transfer after a year if I were you to University of Manchester.

Salford, and I went to Met Univ (when it was a polytechnic). Even better, as Intercreate suggests, try for University of Manchester.

Grant.

thanks,
In all comparisons Salford is better, a little. Both of them are far far away from the tom uni. I tried to get to Uni of Manchester, but they didnt want me.
Is the transfer possible after one year?

What I heard about all Metropolitans universities (Manchester, leeds, London) is that all of them have very low level. Is that truth?

Michalg,

What's better - a first from from a Met or a third from Cambridge? Also, if one regards Oxford or Cambridge as the "best", for example, and by implication producing the best graduates, then wouldn't those graduates be the best qualified lecturers/tutors/professors? Of course they would. Which is what many at the Mets are - Oxbridge graduates.

Some of the low regard for the Mets may be justied but there are also snobbish pre-conceptions.

Grant.