Which platform to use for this strategy?

darvas_trader

I am new to forex trading. I trade stocks and trying to venture into forex. Ideally I want to use the same technical criteria I use for stock picking but at smaller timeframes. What I am trying to do now is build a scanning system having the following attributes
1) Based on support, resistance, pivot points and some candle stick analysis
2) Should be able to search across multiple time frames and currency pairs
3) I am a very elementary/basic kind of a person. I don't have much use for other parameters so such I can avoid platforms having such bells and whistles

I first plan to develop this system, then finetune it while trading within a demo account and then go live. Is there a suitable platform to do this with a bit of programming?

Thanks folks. I appreciate any info you might have on this.

I use CMSFX.com if that helps. Does Darvas trading work? I see you are a fan. From what I can see, he was just lucky to trade in the long running bull markets of the 1980s. Anybody could have made money in those circumstances. How would Darvas ideas fare in present market conditions?

Thanks. True he was successful in a bull market but I like the simplicity of his approach and hence the name. I believe the best trading strategy is to keep it as simple as possible. I use a modified Darvas technique. I am currently demoing on OANDA and find their charting technique very rudimentary but extremely effective for my purpose.

I like Online trading in gold is straight forward with Easy-Forex®. In the Forex market, gold is considered a form of currency, and so is silver.
Online trading in gold is electronic, the same as other currencies and oil.

Thanks. True he was successful in a bull market but I like the simplicity of his approach and hence the name. I believe the best trading strategy is to keep it as simple as possible. I use a modified Darvas technique. I am currently demoing on OANDA and find their charting technique very rudimentary but extremely effective for my purpose.

You could take a look at this for MT4

Attachments

• DarvasBoxes.mq4
    5.6 KB · Views: 301
  • d-b.gif
    d-b.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 289
Last edited: