When is the right time to trade in the forex markets?

angelnish

Good Day Traders When is the right time to trade in the Forex markets? For the short-term day trader, basing your positions around the more volatile periods of the day increases the probability that the trade will play out while you are still at your computer. Conversely, for longer-term traders, a lull in price action presents a more stable period to enter a trade. Altogether, recognizing the active times of the twenty-four-hour currency session allows a trader to more confidently choose the ideal trading period without feeling like they are missing out while they are asleep. What are your feeling on this ?

Some approaches benefit from increased volatility, conversely some approaches do not, and thats one of the primary reasons that the majority of automated strategies running on a continual 24 hour basis dont do particularly well.

Time of day is an extremely important considertion, and one which requires testing, and ongoing monitoring.

Whilst I tend to avoid optimisation, I do make an exception for session times.

The right time may be vary trader to trader and trading purpose. Some trader choose the time when big news hit to market while some trader choose whole day to trade. For me, it is night time.

The right time may be vary trader to trader and trading purpose. Some trader choose the time when big news hit to market while some trader choose whole day to trade. For me, it is night time.

Hi Patricia, please explain a bit why night time?

Yes, I also agree that there is no proven best trading hour. But I find that at noon after the London news are out, the market is a little bit more speedy and moving around.
So if you are good analysis and well informed, then can take certain advantage from that.

Intraday I assume you mean? I'd take a wild guess and say, when the most volume is there. After London markets open into the NY crossover and NY equites markets open... starts to dry up after that.

why don't you just trade forex when the conditions are right?

here are your variables, (Price) x (Time) x (Volume!!)

why don't you just trade forex when the conditions are right?

here are your variables, (Price) x (Time) x (Volume!!)

completely agree. It mgiht be true that the market is most active through the London hours, but what does that really matter if your entry/exit are all wrong. The right time is more suited to when the conditions are favourable.

I find UK trading session is the most interesting.

Yeah I agree with bullpips so also prefer the Frankfurt, London and New York crossover as it's generally where the most liquidity is and I do well at those times.

Of course this only matters if you're a short term trader as you'll be trading 24 hours a day swing trading!

Yes, I also agree that there is no proven best trading hour. But I find that at noon after the London news are out, the market is a little bit more speedy and moving around.
So if you are good analysis and well informed, then can take certain advantage from that.

from my point, the most important is to build the pattern of trade. The stable pattern makes you don't loose money. after that, we try to win in the market.