Using trendlines in Metastock

dod

I scan a large database of stocks and put those that meet my crtieria in a favourites folder. I then look through the favourites, deleting many. Those I keep I often want to draw trendlines on. However, as I scroll through the stocks, any trendlines I draw don't 'stick' with the stock I draw them on but 'carry through' to all the other stocks, too.

Is there any way of saving trendlines and maybe text that I've attached to these individual charts?

dod said:
I scan a large database of stocks and put those that meet my crtieria in a favourites folder. I then look through the favourites, deleting many. Those I keep I often want to draw trendlines on. However, as I scroll through the stocks, any trendlines I draw don't 'stick' with the stock I draw them on but 'carry through' to all the other stocks, too.

Is there any way of saving trendlines and maybe text that I've attached to these individual charts?

dod
Not that I know of and for what it is worth I have given up on trendlines as they tend to be
"after the fact"

Have you tried saving a "trailing stop line" does the same thing as a trendline but can be incorporated into your coding and explorations

Dod

You may indavertently be updating the default template with your trendline when you draw the original trendline. This means that everytime you load a set of prices it also loads the trendline.

Dont know enough about it to tell you how not to udpate the default template but try the looking up default templates in the help screens.

If you do crack it let us know how!

Cheers

Gerard

Commanderco,

I use trend lines the other way - from a high or low, down or up at an angle, to give me a different take on pullbacks. So a trailing stop wouldn't work.

Gerard,

I'll look into what you say. I find it odd how different Metastock is to Supercharts. Using one after the other is like getting into a car where everything is back to front.