Use hypertools to import new GS universe?

maxpi

A question for people that have used Hypertools before; I want to be able to delete all my symbols from Global Server and import a file that would install all the symbols. Can an ASCII file that has a lot of symbols in it be converted to a single XPO file and then imported to GS? Currently I have to use a Macro program to put a new list of symbols in Global Server, it would be nice if I could phony up an ASCII file and just import the whole mess at once, even if the data was faked, because after I got the symbols in there I could delete the data and load up history with HyperServer.

Deleting symbols from GS is straight forward and it is possible to just write a list in Ascii and then import it using one of the conversion programs. I dont think that you even need to use hyprtools for this and you may be able to import the Ascii directly. The only issue you have is that TS will not import intra-day Ascii data only EOD. It is a long time since I did this but I think it can be done.

Paul

I played with an ASCII to XPO converter once, cannot recall which one, and the way I remember it I could only convert one symbol at a time. What I want to do is dummy up a huge list of symbols in ASCII, convert them to XPO and import the whole thing, thus bypassing the work of putting symbols into Global Server one at a time.

I can put them in one at a time with a macro program. I get a new symbol list every so often from the screener at Reuters.com and can output it to an Excel file. Currently I use the macro program to put each symbol into GS from that Excel file but it would be cool to use the list of symbols from the Excel file, along with some dummy data if that were necessary, convert it to XPO and import the whole thing, not as messy as with the Macro program.