USD for holiday :-S

Istanbul is actually a very nice place, great fun, lots to see, great nightlife also, very friendly people, been there once or twice as a student and had a great time.

But lira, no idea, when travelling I just always get money once arrived where ever I'm going, seems easiest, least hassle, plus you're not carrying lots of cash around with you.

I've been told it's really nice too. Seen a few snaps and I think the whole country just delivers something contrary to expectations. I might go myself next year for a short one. Rio de Janeiro 2011 is the one I'm really looking forward to though.

Yup, you really won't regret going there.

Dunno about the tourist hotspots, haven't been, but Istanbul is super.

I think he already has somewhere to stay - his girlfreind has friends out there but thanks anyway. Rio would be cool, apart from all the guns and muggings...

Who the F has Turkish friends? I think you should split him up from this strange woman asap. Mate if white American teenagers can hack it in Rio I think I'll be fine lol.

LOL its my brothers girlfriend not mine! And I think her friends are Italian just staying out there! I don't really know to be honest! Anyone know about Liras?