US - A Stellar Economy?! Where are its globally watched indexes heading in 2006?

ive got in at 10965 with a stop at 11005 for the hopeful journey down until wednesday at the earliest, rustic how useful is the bradley? its something along the lines of delta isnt it? although it looks like a tide chart to me :) how accurate is it to the day?

Houdani

Some of the turns on the Bradley have been great . Last year was not as good i believe but then lots of indicators lost their worth last year.
Dare I say there is a poster on a BB who goes looks for turns on his family's birthdays as they were all born under a full moon. Sounds weird I know but over the last year I have followed them & most have been spot on. One is on Monday alongside the Bradley turn so just be aware that the Market could turn. I hope so.

Attachments

• 2006%20Bradley%20Indicator (2).gif
    2006%20Bradley%20Indicator (2).gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 291
rustic1 said:
Houdani

Some of the turns on the Bradley have been great . Last year was not as good i believe but then lots of indicators lost their worth last year.
Dare I say there is a poster on a BB who goes looks for turns on his family's birthdays as they were all born under a full moon. Sounds weird I know but over the last year I have followed them & most have been spot on. One is on Monday alongside the Bradley turn so just be aware that the Market could turn. I hope so.
thanks rustic,
i downloaded quite an interesting demo the other day of one of ganns ideas called the master time calculator.its a simple program which requires you to punch in the last major pivot point of your chosen market and then lists all the primary and secondary turning points for the next few months.it goes by vernal equinoxes,which obviously has something to do with the moon etc,anyway it's given todays date as a market turning point for the dow lasting until the 18th of january,with a major turning point occuring on the 28th of jan.obviously today the markets are shut so hopefully we'll see a pullback in the next couple of days.

All longs closed and sitting out for the moment......

The best entry just under 1250 and exit all at 1289.....healthy gains and good start to the year.....

Doesn't seem like we're getting much more upside......you never know so sitting out is the best thing........

One thing that may interest you all.............large traders (Dumb money) are long like never before............bigger holdings then 2000................big boys (Instituitions are selling)

I expect some sideways to up movment for the next few weeks maybe while more general public get sucked in.......more headlines are made and then sooner or later more or rather most people will lose money........

Everytime last year I didn't believe in 11,000.......end of last year I made a call for 11,000 for 2006 and well we have the level now!...........

Good Luck all

I have a 'small short' on the Dow Jones from yesterday at 11006 and have opened this position on an annual contract as at some point this year I see the market making its way to 10,000 but at this moment in time I cannot not say when this will happen.....

The upside is pretty limited and we could well spend a few weeks at around these levels to slightly higher/ lower or sideways action.....nothing too exciting on the upside though........

It could well be just about over.........

Anyone remembers what happened to the Nikkei when it dealt with resistance at 12,000? This is not similar imho..........tired over and out!.......

Good Luck

What did happen to the Nikkei when it dealt with resistance at 12000 ?
Looking for a short entry on the Dow but still long on the NDX from 1702 :D

What did happen to the Nikkei when it dealt with resistance at 12000 ?
Looking for a short entry on the Dow but still long on the NDX from 1702

It was range bound for one a half years and couldn't handle 12000. It has also failed at this level before in March 02 and May 02. It then decided to make a weekly close of 12261.8 and never really looked back.....from August up until now, yEs just 5 odd months it decided to travel 4500 points higher......

I can't see anything similar for the US markets........

Maybe tops are in place? Nasdaq 1760 region, S&P 1295 region, and Dow 11050 region....

Although we could go a little higher I would not really believe this to be much of a rally......

I have also put on a small short on the Nasdaq100 at 1760.

Good Luck all

November trade deficit report due tomorrow !

Well I know I'm short now but they are looooooonnnnngggg term positions! So if your long on NDX are you still hoping for upside?

User said:
Well I know I'm short now but they are looooooonnnnngggg term positions! So if your long on NDX are you still hoping for upside?
Not sure. Will move my stop up to 1750 tomorrow in order to lock in some profit.
Lets wait and see how the market responds to the latest trade deficit number !

Deficit narrowed slightly to $64bn but total deficit for 2005 expected to be a record $710bn compared with $618bn in 2004.

Market reaction at this stage is mixed !

WASHINGTON (AFX) - Economists expect prices of raw materials and other
producers' inputs to rebound in December after a 0.7% decline in November, the
biggest decline since April 2003. As usual, energy prices will be the biggest
culprit. Economists are anticipating that December's PPI will rise 0.5%. But
prices excluding food and energy are also expected to rise, led by capital goods
prices. Economists expect the core rate will rise 0.2%. Economists said the
result will keep the Fed nervous about the inflation outlook.

Close above 1285 for today and we still have chances of going to highs and possibly a litttle higher for the next few weeks......

February is going to be horrible!!!!

Lower for Feb!.....

10900 seems like perfect support on the 4 hour chart.....

I won't be going long......I've got a few extremely long term shorts on.........and my analysis suggests the market to see 11,000 again possibly little higher for next few weeks and then a good size decline should start for February..........I'll be getting more shorts on rather than chasing the small ammount of upside potential........

Good Luck all

User said:
Close above 1285 for today and we still have chances of going to highs and possibly a litttle higher for the next few weeks......

February is going to be horrible!!!!

Lower for Feb!.....
Probably close just slightly above 1285 today.
Could therefore see some upside next week with resistance at 1300 as the next target.

User said:
10900 seems like perfect support on the 4 hour chart.....

I won't be going long......I've got a few extremely long term shorts on.........and my analysis suggests the market to see 11,000 again possibly little higher for next few weeks and then a good size decline should start for February..........I'll be getting more shorts on rather than chasing the small ammount of upside potential........

Good Luck all
User - what level do you see being reached via the short term upside ?
It looks to me as though 11075 could be pivotal and therefore 11050 might be a good point to go short if resistance holds at 11075.

Just not much left.....hard to pinpoint upside but its topping and the sooner the small guys become familiar with that the better. We should see the highs again though.......

The S&P500 is now sitting just above last week's settlement, putting the spotlight on Friday's session. If the S&P closes above 1285, it will be a clear 'follow-through week' after the market's upside surge during the first week of the year. Going all the way back to 1970, there have been a total of 172 instances in which the S&P settled up 2% or more on a weekly basis (as it did last week), and made higher highs and another higher close the following week (as we're on the verge of doing this week.) In 129 of those cases, or 75% of the time, the S&P proceeded to post yet another higher weekly close within the next two weeks. Accordingly, it would be an intermediate-term positive sign if the S&P500 finishes out the week above last week's settlement 1285.45.

We got the close above the level so upside is likely but should be used as a MAJOR MAJOR shorting opportunity........even current levels are fantastic!

The major picture if nothing but down..........sorry guys if you don't like my tone but I'll be blunt about it.........dump it before it dumps you.......

Last week's program trading report was released by the NYSE today, revealing that the persistent decline in principal program trading remains in full effect. Program trades executed as principal, for member firms' own accounts, fell to 35.4% of total program volume. That keeps the 4-week moving average in a steady downtrend that has persisted over four months, clear evidence that institutional investors are reining in their participation as speculative investors pick up the slack. Once this 'handoff' is complete and speculators are fully reinvested, watch out below. The unprecedented program activity that began around May of '04 and lasted until November of '05 was one of the key reasons for the stock market remaining on firm footing. Now that this significant source of buying pressure is easing out of the market, that source of underlying support will no longer come to the rescue when the next decline gets underway. As was the case back in 2000, the little guy will be left holding the bag. Upside momentum generated by the buying pressure of the last couple of weeks will likely keep the market in a generally sideways trend for the intermediate-term. But February could turn into a spoiler month for the stock market. Remember that if the S&P500 is trading in YTD positive territory at the end of February, odds favor the market remaining in a general uptrend the rest of the year (see February Effect setup.) Because that scenario appears unlikely, it wouldn't be surprising to see the market give back its January gains during the month of February.

I'd like to present another sentiment indicator that is telling a similar story. Look at the longer-term chart of the CBOE equity put/call ratio and note that the 10-day moving average has recently fallen below the .55 level. This indicates that equity call volume has been running at nearly twice the level of equity put volume over the past couple of weeks. Over the past five years, this type of optimism has typically meant that the rally is in its final stages as weak hands pile in late in the game.

Also noteworthy is a trendline channel that can be seen on this chart of the S&P500. The upper boundary of that channel is currently being challenged, and while we could see it violated in the coming weeks, it remains questionable whether the market will have the ability to overcome that trendline convincingly. Lead indicators continue to suggest that smart money is selling, not buying into this rally, calling into question the longer-term sustainability of the recent buying pressure.

Good Luck