Two questions about SB

4XTrigger

Dear Traders

Would you be kind enough to answer my following questions about Spread Betting since I am new on this field?

First: Is Spread Betting like exotic options i.e. bet value is same like premium paid in options? And what you lose if your bet is wrong is only that paid value??

Second: On what base the Betting value is calculated??

Thank you in advance for your assistance and support.

Regards

No, SB is much different from options. The spread is the difference between the buy and sell price, so the added spread is the ‘commission’ that the broker takes. Let’s say you go £10 per point. For each point it goes up you make £10, each point it goes down you lose £10. So, if the price is 6500 and you’re long, the max you could lose is £65000 (if the price goes to 0). So no, loss isn’t limited to a ‘premium’, like with options.

Second question – not 100% clear what you mean here, but if by ‘betting value’ you mean the price, it’s based on an underlying asset, such as a share or commodity.

You may be confusing Spread betting with Binary Options where your loss is limited to your bet size.
UK clients tend to use spread betting as a form of trading an underlying index, share or currency with favorable tax treatment. In Australia and Asia traders use CFD's for leveraged exposure to these underlying instruments.