TS 2000i: help needed: EasyLanguage codes to draw a box around the prices

Clipper52

Hi guys,

This question is for using EasyLanguage in TradeStation 2000i.

I need some help for coding a box around a group of prices, this is for creating a Gann square wheels project.

Manually done, I can draw a rectangle around a group of prices. The rectangle is the fifth icon in the drawing tool bar.

In EasyLanguge, I know I can use the TL_New ( ) method to draw 2 horizontal line in the top and bottle range of a group of prices, I don't know how to draw a vertical lines down the side to make it a complete box. Then there is the shading of colors within the box as well, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The syntax is:
Value1 = TL_New(iBarDate, iBarTime, iPrice, eBarDate, eBarTime, ePrice)

I don't have tradestation open at the moment to verify it, but I think you just set ibarDate, iBarTime to the same values as eBarDate, eBarTime, and then change the iPrice and ePrice parameters.

I find indicators that use the TL_New really bog down my system, so really haven't used it in ages.

And I don't think you can do the shading bit... (as far as I know, anyways).
Steve

A very good example of doing this boxing is something like a DarvasBox indicator code set.

Box

Just wondering if you had any luck coding the box. I have been trying to code this for a while but cannot seem to get it working properly.