Tricky TICK...e

zigglewigler

With esignal Tick data is somewhat blinking unreliable! :(

Especially with various studies and chart types.

Supposedly the data overwhelms my meager 2.8ghz and 512ram, while also running the necessary IB TWS. If I go to 1meg ram will this cure the inconsistent Tick delivery?

I've shyed away from Tick data the last four years because of this problem, I think it's time I had it sorted!

It's working fine today, but maybe not again t'row!

zigglewigler said:
With esignal Tick data is somewhat blinking unreliable! :(

Especially with various studies and chart types.

Supposedly the data overwhelms my meager 2.8ghz and 512ram, while also running the necessary IB TWS. If I go to 1meg ram will this cure the inconsistent Tick delivery?

I've shyed away from Tick data the last four years because of this problem, I think it's time I had it sorted!

It's working fine today, but maybe not again t'row!

ziggle,

I have a 2 gig processor but with 1 gig of ram and frequently suffer from the same overload.

Things that I have found that might help:

1) Turn on "tick filtering" on as many charts as you can, unless you are watching volume develop.
2) Don't use drawline in studies if you can help it. Use addband instead.
3) Remove as many non-essential lines as you can from charts.
4) Use computeonclose in your non tick studies wherever you can.
5) Use the efs performance monitor to figure out whats going on.

hth.

Thanks SP, that saves a trip to PC World. I'll see how this works over the next few days. I had already run Tick data with minimal studies, but it wasn't as if the problem was consistent, some symbols worked, some didn't.

ziggle,

With my machine slowly grinding to a halt over the past few months with E-Signal tick data and Ninja/IB I finally gave in and got 'our kid' to build me a new box with one of the AMD 64 4 gig processors / 939 motherboards with faster memory . Man, the difference is unbelievable.....

I habitually replay each days tick data for the ES over the weekend to try and pick up anything I missed at the time. Using the old AMD 2.4, replaying at between 10 and 20 times normal speed maxed out the processor. With the new processor I am able to replay at between 150 and 200 times normal speed with it only occasionally maxing out. Best 450 smackers I've spent this year by far.

Thought I'd let you know since you were having the same problems.