Trailing Stops on Orders

jel31

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of any SB company that offers the ability to attach a trailing stop to an order? You can generally attach a trailing stop to an open position or on opening a postition but not to orders.

Anyone come across a company that allows this or is it unheard of?

Cheers

Julie

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of any SB company that offers the ability to attach a trailing stop to an order? You can generally attach a trailing stop to an open position or on opening a postition but not to orders.

Cheers

Julie

Hi Julie,

You can do this on FXCM's spread bet account. When creating the order, there is an option in the advance section of the order window to attach a trailing stop. You can test it in a spread bet demo http://www.fxcm.co.uk/demo-spreadbet-gbp.jsp

Jason

Jason

Hi everyone

Cheers

Julie

GFT's DealBook platform has the facility to do that, but it isn't so clever in other ways!

Hi everyone

Cheers

Julie

Hi Julie,

I believe IG platform let you do this too. Having said that, I'm always a bit nervy with trailing stops - these firms will often ask clients to acknowledge a separate agreement in the event the trailing stops fail to fill, they'd accept no responsibilities.

If I had a position I'd use manual trailing stops. Auto-trailing stops can be taken out easily during spikes and swings. Just my personal opinion!