Trading and Yourself

The more I trade the better I become, but after a few losers I find I need time out to do post mortems and recover.

On the other side of the coin - if things are going well I become more egotistical, irascible and thoroughly unpleasant to those around me. But still working on it.

The journey to achieve 100% will never be over, fortunately !!

The more I trade the better I become, but after a few losers I find I need time out to do post mortems and recover.

On the other side of the coin - if things are going well I become more egotistical, irascible and thoroughly unpleasant to those around me. But still working on it.

The journey to achieve 100% will never be over, fortunately !!

Pat

Clear, honest and humble as usual, great prerogatives of a great trader in my view, thank you.

Mike

Last edited:
Trading can be stressful but it should be a good stress. A stress that you know you can handle otherwise its probablly not for you. Knowing that if you follow your set rules on each trade you will lose some but gain on a lot more. Example: I'm willing to lose x.x% of my portfolio on one trade then you prepare yourself for the bottomline worst you can do. That x.x may be higher if you are a more risky person so your trade rules follows your personality. Your risk management and trade rules are really then a reflection of you.

What do you think about the below?

"You will not make money long term until you know enough about your personality to find a trading style that is compatible. You need to follow your rules comfortably, allowing you to enter and exit trades with minimal or not uncertainty or anxiety. Once you have mastered a method of trading, if you feel stress while trading, then either you haven't yet found your style or yourself".

fully agreed

What do you think about the below?

"You will not make money long term until you know enough about your personality to find a trading style that is compatible. You need to follow your rules comfortably, allowing you to enter and exit trades with minimal or not uncertainty or anxiety. Once you have mastered a method of trading, if you feel stress while trading, then either you haven't yet found your style or yourself".

There are 3 things in any Trader's World

The Market
The System
The Trader

once all 3 are working well and in harmony the trader will not lose money...

and if the Trader keeps it all going well for long enough - they may even make a few quid ....well eventually ;)

N

Last edited:
and by the way the trader has a head start as one of those things is never wrong......

I sometimes compare trading and myself as I was when I was a young child sat fishing, sat alone contemplating the river, the many opportunities swimming underneath the surface. Sometimes I would sit next to the river all day, patiently waiting for a fish. Sometimes I would go home with nothing, but I still felt joy.:)

Market reminds me of fishing sometimes...sit there all day catching small fish, putting them in your net consistently, weighing them and making notes on their size and weight, sometimes the weather is bad, sometimes you fall into the river!

Last edited:
I sometimes compare trading and myself as I was when I was a young child sat fishing, sat alone contemplating the river, the many opportunities swimming underneath the surface. Sometimes I would sit next to the river all day, patiently waiting for a fish. Sometimes I would go home with nothing, but I still felt joy.:)

Market reminds me of fishing sometimes...sit there all day catching small fish, putting them in your net consistently, weighing them and making notes on their size and weight, sometimes the weather is bad, sometimes you fall into the river!

Great post.