TradeStation Help

ojkid

Hi,

Is there anyone out there who can help develop some forex strategies with me in easylanguage?

I know this seems like a cheapshot but I am a genuine forex swing trader looking for an alliance on the coding side of things - we're not all great at all things!

+ not enough hours in the day.

PM if interested!!

Thanks

OJKID

Questions

Do you need assistance in -

1) strategy development or
2) writing out the EL for existing strategies?

Furthermore, which version of TS are you utilising?

Hi OJKid,

EL might just be a scripting language but it is time consuming and difficult to put some ideas into practice with it. It took me a whole 5 day week to perfect a support and resistance levels function.

It requires constant back and forth between the EL and the chart, and then laborious scanning of lots of different market data to pick up on individual situations where your brain says it should do one thing but the EL is telling it to do something else.

Do you want to code indicators or systems?

If by your own admission you're not good enough at it, what sort of alliance are you hoping to forge?

Hi,
I've started using TS recently to backtest some stuff. Many of the common strategies can be created by combining TS's inbuilt strategies and modifying them. There are also plenty of helpful articles and posts on the TS site, but I'd be happy to give you some pointers, if there's anything in particular you'd like to know.
S

I'm testing a new strategy with a trailing%stop ,but when this stop comes in when the target is reached by for example a long exit , the strategy goes to buy again .
when the trailing%stop comes in i dont want that the strategy takes a new position in the same direction , how can i do this ?