Trade Station Scanner

razor99

I am trying to implement some scans in Tradestation to assist in daytrading US equities. The TS help is woefully lacking. The scans I would like to implement are stocks at 2 day Hi or Low, greatest % change from open price (either up or down) and some kind of momentum scan like most change in last 2 bars.

I would appreciate input from anyone scan saavy...

razor

I am trying to implement some scans in Tradestation to assist in daytrading US equities. The TS help is woefully lacking. The scans I would like to implement are stocks at 2 day Hi or Low, greatest % change from open price (either up or down) and some kind of momentum scan like most change in last 2 bars.

I would appreciate input from anyone scan saavy...

razor

Although there are loads of predetermined scans you can make use of, it is more powerful and flexible to create an indicator which you can also use later in radar screen.

The attached document shows how you could set up the 3 scans in this way. Each one takes about 1-2 minutes to run for all NYSE stocks as an example.

Charlton

Attachments

• Create new scan.doc
    344 KB · Views: 1,184
Although there are loads of predetermined scans you can make use of, it is more powerful and flexible to create an indicator which you can also use later in radar screen.

The attached document shows how you could set up the 3 scans in this way. Each one takes about 1-2 minutes to run for all NYSE stocks as an example.

Charlton

Thanks Charlton. Way more than I had hoped for.