Time Lag

timsk

Legendary member
Attached is a screen grab showing the date and time as displayed on my computer and, just above that, the eSignal T&S window. The T&S window is fairly consistently about 5-6 seconds 'slower' than the reading on the computer. Is this to be expected - i.e. is that the time it takes for the data to get from the exchange to me? Or do I have a problem and, if so, is there anything I can do about it?
Cheers,
Tim.

Attachments

• Time_Delay.jpg
    Time_Delay.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 611
umm, do you have an atomic time sync utility installed on your computer? it may be your comp clock is running a smidge fast?

Attached is a screen grab showing the date and time as displayed on my computer and, just above that, the eSignal T&S window. The T&S window is fairly consistently about 5-6 seconds 'slower' than the reading on the computer. Is this to be expected - i.e. is that the time it takes for the data to get from the exchange to me? Or do I have a problem and, if so, is there anything I can do about it?
Cheers,
Tim.

Tim,
Have you checked which, or indeed either, is correct ?(BBC time signal reference)?

You can update the time on your PC manually or link it to an internet feed. eSignal's time will depend on their source. Times on IT servers aren't always correct though it is important for financial transactions to be time-stamped correctly.

umm, do you have an atomic time sync utility installed on your computer? it may be your comp clock is running a smidge fast?
Hi Arb'
'Atomic time sync utility' - you just made that up - right? :p

Well, I put GMT into Google and got an official looking page and the time displayed matched eSignal's T&S window pretty well perfectly - which strikes me as being a good sign! That said, I'm more confused than ever as the time stamp at the foot of the screen grab which, in my opening post I said was from my computer - isn't! It's part of the eSignal window. So, unless I'm being especially stupid, (quite likely) it looks as if eSignal are producing two different - slightly out of sync - time feeds? If anyone has any suggestions, that would be appreciated, otherwise I'll give the techie bods at eSignal a call.
Tim.