time frames and entries to market

defiance

I am still demo-ing and trying to get a hang of things.

Am i correct in saying that if you use lower time frames (such as 1minute, 5minute) you will have more 'entries to market' compared to using a longer time frame (such as 15/30 minute, 1hour)?

And on the lower time frames, it is more volatile? :?:

By entries to market i mean, 'signals' to enter the market from your trading system.

I am still demo-ing and trying to get a hang of things.

Am i correct in saying that if you use lower time frames (such as 1minute, 5minute) you will have more 'entries to market' compared to using a longer time frame (such as 15/30 minute, 1hour)?

And on the lower time frames, it is more volatile? :?:

By entries to market i mean, 'signals' to enter the market from your trading system.

That is a fair assumption/observation. Many people use the lower time frames to fine tune/time signals found on a higher t/f. You might find that price action alone on the lower time frames is more noisy and less reliable. this is a general rule of thumb for all TA, ie the higher the time frame the more reliable....to this extent less TA studies are generally required to make an informed trading decision on the higher t/f's as price is telling you more than on a lower t/f.

Whatever you do though remember that support/resistance and price action are the contants of TA across all t/f's, and the confluence of technical factors is the where you will find the highest probability trading opportunities, across any sample of trading opportunities.

G/L.

Last edited:
There are two types of 'signals' you should be paying special attention to:

1) Causative
2) Reactive

Neither of them are confined to timeframes. This in no way implies that time or timing isn't important.